The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gordon2002
can you do chemistry out of school, how about the practical experiment unit?

I think you can, then you go into an examination centre (like a school or college) to do the practical unit.
Reply 21
Thanks for all the feedback guys, sorry for not replying for a while. I didn't know about the access course and I think it's a great idea for people who may have changed their minds during a level. Taking chemistry outside of school would just be too much work, especially as my other subjects are all quite heavy, and also it would be too expensive seeing as I'm already paying to go to sixth form. I think I'll continue with my original options and then if medicine does become something I decide to pursue I'll just go for the access course. Thanks for all the info though guys, much appreciated!
kellywood_5
If you don't enjoy chemistry, which is an essential subject for medicine, do you really think medicine is for you? I agree with what was said above; stick with your choices because you'll obviously prefer philosophy and probably get a better grade in it, but if you decide later on that you really want to do medicine, do a foundation year or maybe drop a subject and take up AS chemistry in Year 13.

I don't think that not enjoying chemistry automatically means that you won't enjoy medicine. Quite a few of my friends absolutely hated chemistry but love medicine.

But I agree, a foundation year would be an option. Or you could do chemistry out of school if you think you'll have the time.
Reply 23
mellow-yellow
I don't think that not enjoying chemistry automatically means that you won't enjoy medicine. Quite a few of my friends absolutely hated chemistry but love medicine.

But I agree, a foundation year would be an option. Or you could do chemistry out of school if you think you'll have the time.

I did not like A Level chemistry too much, I only done it because I had to, but I love medicine.

Latest