The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
FTstudies
Hah, there is also a duplicate of it called Mackinder halls or something opening in 2010. To replace two of the older hall of residence.

Oh right :s-smilie:
I don't even know what the one I saw was called but it was horrible... Massive corridors with like a tiny kitchen between everyone on the corridor, same with a toilet and shower room thing =/ and it smelt kinda odd..
Also, when they were talking about the warden-y people in halls it seemed like they checked up on you a bit too much :s-smilie: Like they said they'd ask you what you were doing if they saw you out your room late at night... Just all seemed a bit like being at school to me so I didnt apply, but that accommodation you posted seems nice
University of Glasgow - Cairncross halls (2005!)

My half of the room

My super exciting desk (these have since been replaced)

Other side of the room

Very exciting.
This isn't my room but these are apparently the rooms at St. John's Cambridge (hopefully where I'll be by October! :biggrin:)
aKarma
Pics

didgeridoo12uk
not decorated... but thats because we're really limited with what we can do :frown: so i just decorate it with my mess :biggrin:

i have an urge to go to your room and tidy it for you =/
Reply 224
Anyone got any pics of The University of Liverpool accommodation?
03jenniferp
This isn't my room but these are apparently the rooms at St. John's Cambridge (hopefully where I'll be by October! :biggrin:)

wow that looks like a brilliant room (the window view looks nice!)
anyone in one of the twin studio rooms at nottingham trent??
jabed786
i have an urge to go to your room and tidy it for you =/

well your welcome to come over and tidy it whenever you want!
Wow! I didn't realise how many people had to share a room at uni over here. That must suck in every possible way.
bestie
I suggest you bring little bits and bobs from home or posters to make things seem more like home.

I want your poster :biggrin:
Reply 230
Hello Laura!
University of Glasgow - Cairncross halls (2005!)

My half of the room

My super exciting desk (these have since been replaced)

Other side of the room

Very exciting.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions but...
how did you find cairncross, I've heard it's a lot quieter than Murano.
Did you still find it okay to make friends though, or was everyone a bit antisocial?
Did you choose to share a room?

Reply 231
didgeridoo12uk
well your welcome to come over and tidy it whenever you want!

I genuinely enjoy tidying/cleaning :yep:
lekky
I genuinely enjoy tidying/cleaning :yep:

in that case... will you marry me? :biggrin: xxxxxxx
*subscribe*
durham university pictures anyone ?
Reply 235
omg i can't wait to go to uni now! i didn't know you could decorate it and everything OMG i'm going to put up my zac efron poster, justin bieber poster, luke pasqualino poster

oh and i need a little corner to put my hamster cage in (thats if she doesn't die by then), and i'll bring my clothes hanger with me, its a giant pencil with hooks to put clothes on! and umm i'll bring all my clothes and get those little storage boxes to make it neat, and oh i'll bring my england flag and my two all time cutest cuddly toys

AHHH YOU GUYS I CAN'T WAIT!
It's amazing how fun it is to look at other peoples' rooms :o:

I'm just wondering, some of you seem to have brought soooo much stuff with them :eek: I suppose you don't all live next to the uni and some of you might have to take the train there. How did you take all this stuff with you (desktop computer, printer, and my favourite: The sewing machine :biggrin: )

Crimsonchilli
durham university pictures anyone ?

Oh yes, I would love to see Van Mildert rooms. I already asked on the Durham subforum today or yesterday, so I'm hoping to get a reply there. I've also seen that some of the colleges have photos on there website. I believe that St Cuth's do.
Reply 237
bestie
Here's a QMUL picture in the standard accommodation (so not Westfield Student Village). I was in Varey House which is identical to Maynard and several other old residences.

I'm just going to warn you:
You have a black hole for a head...
Reply 238
didgeridoo12uk
in that case... will you marry me? :biggrin: xxxxxxx

I nearly added cooking but I thought that would be too clinche :p:
but I only do vegetarian cooking :eek:
Reply 239
la_mariposa
It's amazing how fun it is to look at other peoples' rooms :o:

I'm just wondering, some of you seem to have brought soooo much stuff with them :eek: I suppose you don't all live next to the uni and some of you might have to take the train there. How did you take all this stuff with you (desktop computer, printer, and my favourite: The sewing machine :biggrin: )

Haha I was actually wondering this, but I know that I'll be taking just as much stuff. Fortunately my mum is going to drive me but I was trying to work out just how many suitcases I will be taking... a lot :eek:
1 for shoes, 1 for clothes, 1 for make up, 1 for electricals.. :rolleyes:

Do people take their stuff in suitcases or is there a clever option I am unware of? Because negative of suitcases is that you'd have to store them somewhere, and if you can't get them under the bed, that would suck. Boxes/bags I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending