The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

littlechinagirl
University of Liverpool, Derby and Rathbone Hall s/c en suite

Any questions about Liverpool acc, let me know :smile:

Hiii :smile: I was just wondering whether you knew anything about the Carnatic site? I've heard that it's the most fun, but all the halls on the site look the same, so I really can't decide :s-smilie: Any advice or tips please?
Thankyouuuu!
I covered it in pink wall paper, painted the furnurture pin apart from my bed which obviosuly already pink and princess style. Not forgetting the pink fairy lights.

Because obviously that's what being female is all about!
I don't have any pictures. But i just have photos of me and my friends, posters, gig tickets etc stuck to the walls. Urm that's it really. It feels quite.. homelyish, but I wouldn't say I've made it feminine lol. In fact, take away my little corner of perfumes, make up, jewellery etc, oh and the shoe corner, and it would probably look like a man's room haha.
PatmaCrotch
I covered it in pink wall paper, painted the furnurture pin apart from my bed which obviosuly already pink and princess style. Not forgetting the pink fairy lights.

Because obviously that's what being female is all about!

The only thing in my room is shoes.

And a cookbook.

:yep:

But OP, mine is pretty plain. Apart from the odd poster, my room's pretty much a standard room that could belong to anyone.

And your thread title sounds kinda creepy.
Reply 684
I would also be interested in this, just because I like to think about what my uni room will be like, not because I particularly want pink rooms :p:
Reply 685
Mines quite girly...well, as girlie as in can be with a green carpet, biege walls and yuck green/cream/blue checkered curtains.
i've put fairylights around my desk, used my shelves for shoes instead of books (woops), got loads pictures of my friends stuck on my walls. on my notice board, i also have some fake long windy thing of flowers that ive pinned on there, and i attach my flower hair clips on there to make it more girly. i have a pretty bedspread and a colourful throw, and even though we're not supposed to, i've got some candle somewhere.
oh, and i always try to have some fresh flowers in a vase.
The difference between rooms of guys and girls is generally that girls make an effort to make their room homely. Last year in halls all of the girls rooms were well made up and the guys just threw their belongings in their rooms with little effort on how they looked.
Reply 687
Most of my belongings are quite girly/feminine, so I find that by filling the room with my stuff it immediately becomes quite obviously girls room. A couple posters maybe and job done

Spoiler

These are a few photos of the walls of my room :smile:. I also have 2 more Twilight posters (guility pleasure hehe), plus girly bed sheets :smile:
Reply 689
I have pictures of my home friends and uni friends spread around on the walls, bits and pieces from nights out on the notice board, some bits from magazines such as cute pictures/R Patz etc, a nice bedspread with throw and a teddy...quite girly. Didn't really bother with fairy lights and stuff but it's really nice and homely nonetheless.
angel_night

Spoiler

These are a few photos of the walls of my room :smile:. I also have 2 more Twilight posters (guility pleasure hehe), plus girly bed sheets :smile:

It was all looking so nice until Justin Lee Collins showed up. :angry:
I'd show you mine but I don't live at uni.. :sad:
Here's mine. Basically just some photos stuck up, some fairy lights and a few other random girly bits here and there.

Spoiler

Reply 693

My old uni room.. it was actually amazing! It had an upstairs!!
TuckingFypo™
It was all looking so nice until Justin Lee Collins showed up. :angry:

:biggrin: I met him on my 2nd day here :yep:
angel_night

Unlucky. :colondollar: I've been here for 7 years and never seen him once. :king1:
I totally thought this thread was going to be a pervy guy wanting to see some girls' "rooms" :p:

Nothing particularly girly about cream walls and a manky grey carpet, but I've got plenty of teddies/ pillows/ blankets/ throws etc. My bedcovers, curtains and lampshade are all pink, but that was my mum's wonderful idea to make everything "bright" and "pretty"... I hate pink ¬¬
Jelephant
I totally thought this thread was going to be a pervy guy wanting to see some girls' "rooms" :p:

Nothing particularly girly about cream walls and a manky grey carpet, but I've got plenty of teddies/ pillows/ blankets/ throws etc. My bedcovers, curtains and lampshade are all pink, but that was my mum's wonderful idea to make everything "bright" and "pretty"... I hate pink ¬¬

:lol: I realised after i'd posted it that it must sound rather pervy :rolleyes: nevermind aye!
Reply 698
angel_night

i work in crew clothing cabbot, and hes in there ALL the time :smile:
hothedgehog
The difference between rooms of guys and girls is generally that girls make an effort to make their room homely. Last year in halls all of the girls rooms were well made up and the guys just threw their belongings in their rooms with little effort on how they looked.

Yeah, this is true, although the lack of stuff* guys bring means that despite throwing everything in, the place still looks practically empty/tidy. One joke was a male housemate saying
'Oh, I need to tidy up'
We basically said, 'You have one item of clothing on the floor :rolleyes: '
He picked it up and said 'now it's tidy!'

OP, the only way my room is evidently girly is the fact I have 8/9 cuddly toys scattered around the place. The rest is all dark band posters, postcards of France/Switzerland and pretentious French posters.

*stuff=many many useless things that have no real purpose but to take up room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending