The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Mine has posters of metal bands all over the walls. I guess it's not very feminine.

There's a couple of bears on the shelf, some drawing things (is that feminine?). There's loads of shoes under the bead usually too. And some cards and things from my boyfriend. I have no pictures of it since I put all the posters up though.

There's a huge Devon flag and a tiger blanket I think I've had since I was about 10.

And the shelf I built that is really wonky. :pinch: Oh and the pink feather duster... Hmm. That's gone missing now. I think my (male) housemate stole it.
aliluvschoc
Mine has posters of metal bands all over the walls. I guess it's not very feminine.

There's a couple of bears on the shelf, some drawing things (is that feminine?). There's loads of shoes under the bead usually too. And some cards and things from my boyfriend. I have no pictures of it since I put all the posters up though.

There's a huge Devon flag and a tiger blanket I think I've had since I was about 10.

And the shelf I built that is really wonky. :pinch: Oh and the pink feather duster... Hmm. That's gone missing now. I think my (male) housemate stole it.

Is that a sofa in your room??
My room:

Spoiler

There's more art work and club flyers on the walls and stuff now though.
Reply 703
facetious
Is that a sofa in your room??

I wish, It's a leather chair. It's too big for the room and isn't really much use. The bed is comfier... :o:
Mine isn't particularly 'girly'...but is quite cutesy and organised me thinks :smile:

Spoiler

aliluvschoc

How come you don't live on campus?
Reply 706
>Anna<
How come you don't live on campus?

They decided there were no rooms left, so I had to get anywhere I could off-campus asap.

I'd put the deposit down, and the next day they phoned me saying rooms on campus had become available. :rolleyes: Hmm.

There's plenty of places in Parkwood still available today. They were never full, it really annoyed me.
aliluvschoc
They decided there were no rooms left, so I had to get anywhere I could off-campus asap.

I'd put the deposit down, and the next day they phoned me saying rooms on campus had become available. :rolleyes: Hmm.

There's plenty of places in Parkwood still available today. They were never full, it really annoyed me.

Ah, I heard about that! I know a few other people who that happened to as well. I guess at least your sorted for a house now, while all the other first years are getting it sorted out!
Reply 708
I'm not too much of a 'feminine' person in terms of pink etc, but I have loads of photos in frames everywhere, printed photos/tickets/wristbands etc pinned to the notice board, a few keepsakes around and just pick nice bedsheets, posters :smile:. I also keep my perfume jewellery on show rather than away in a cupboard, and pick matching things like all my bathroom stuff is the same colour. I also picked nice stuff from ikea :smile:. We aren't allowed fairy lights or candles in our halls, but next year I will hopefully have both- lantern style lights.

My friend hung up two sheets of nice wallpaper next to each other, to give a little strip of pattern-she just bluetacked them like posters. She also has wooden ornaments and nice decorative lamps/candles etc.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs203.snc1/7035_143903612282_568042282_3097591_6396265_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs203.snc1/7035_143903602282_568042282_3097590_7198466_n.jpg

Those are a few pictures, not too good, from very beginning. I now have really nice boxes that I got free from H&M (fold them up yourself) with nice patterns on, to store stuff in.
Reply 709
Kätzchen
My room:

Spoiler

Is that your uni room? :eek3:
Ruskii
Is that your uni room? :eek3:

Well, my room whilst I'm at uni. It's not in halls or anything.
I'm_Unsafe.
Yeah, this is true, although the lack of stuff* guys bring means that despite throwing everything in, the place still looks practically empty/tidy. One joke was a male housemate saying
'Oh, I need to tidy up'
We basically said, 'You have one item of clothing on the floor :rolleyes: '
He picked it up and said 'now it's tidy!'

OP, the only way my room is evidently girly is the fact I have 8/9 cuddly toys scattered around the place. The rest is all dark band posters, postcards of France/Switzerland and pretentious French posters.

*stuff=many many useless things that have no real purpose but to take up room.

Yeah, that's true also... I have so many things in my room which I pretty much never use...
Kätzchen
My room:

Spoiler

That room is sooo gurly, I likes it.

That bed is pretty good as well.
Queen_Pinky
Mine isn't particularly 'girly'...but is quite cutesy and organised me thinks :smile:

Spoiler

Ooh, I want one of those notice/whiteboard thingys, where did you get it?
Reply 714
>Anna<
Ah, I heard about that! I know a few other people who that happened to as well. I guess at least your sorted for a house now, while all the other first years are getting it sorted out!

Well I'm going somewhere else for the next year, but yes I found it easier to work it all out because I'd done it all before.

I'm glad I'm not the only one it happened to though. You can imagine how annoyed I was, and I couldn't switch to somewhere on campus because I'd already put the deposit down. :o:
aliluvschoc
Well I'm going somewhere else for the next year, but yes I found it easier to work it all out because I'd done it all before.

I'm glad I'm not the only one it happened to though. You can imagine how annoyed I was, and I couldn't switch to somewhere on campus because I'd already put the deposit down. :o:

Somewhere else? Do you mean your switching unis or accommodation?! Don't leave us :puppyeyes:

Yeah, that must've been so frustrating! They messed up my application (lost it, basically) so I almost didn't get anywhere either. Gave 'em hell and they caved in pretty quickly :bigsmile:
>Anna<
They messed up my application (lost it, basically) so I almost didn't get anywhere either. Gave 'em hell and they caved in pretty quickly :bigsmile:

Yeah, Kent Hospitality suck. :nn:
Reply 717
>Anna<
Somewhere else? Do you mean your switching unis or accommodation?! Don't leave us :puppyeyes:

Yeah, that must've been so frustrating! They messed up my application (lost it, basically) so I almost didn't get anywhere either. Gave 'em hell and they caved in pretty quickly :bigsmile:

No not leaving lol, I mean in my second year I'm going to a different house.

:ninja: (Have you ever seen The Roundhouse near Habitat?)

I wish I'd had a go at them, but I genuinely believed they had no room. Despite the site saying there was room for everyone in the first year, and then some. I was a wee bit confused with it all. :h:
TuckingFypo&#8482
Yeah, Kent Hospitality suck. :nn:

Mmm hmmm. You can say that again :yes:

aliluvschoc
No not leaving lol, I mean in my second year I'm going to a different house.

:ninja: (Have you ever seen The Roundhouse near Habitat?)

I wish I'd had a go at them, but I genuinely believed they had no room. Despite the site saying there was room for everyone in the first year, and then some. I was a wee bit confused with it all. :h:

Ah, good good! :p: The Roundhouse...probably! Is it on the roundabout side of Habitat or the other side? Are you living there?! If so, we're going to be neighbours :awesome: I'm living in Bingley Court next year!

I know, I was actually distraught when I found out they messed up my application. I think they're being a bit stricter with who they let into campus accommodation this year, in terms of non-first-years.
Reply 719
>Anna<
Mmm hmmm. You can say that again :yes:

Ah, good good! :p: The Roundhouse...probably! Is it on the roundabout side of Habitat or the other side? Are you living there?! If so, we're going to be neighbours :awesome: I'm living in Bingley Court next year!

I know, I was actually distraught when I found out they messed up my application. I think they're being a bit stricter with who they let into campus accommodation this year, in terms of non-first-years.

Errrrm :woo: I don't know. It's to the left. I think that's the roundabout side? It's technically in Wincheap. We're number 1 :gah:

I'm hoping to stay there in year 3 too, it's :sogood: Double bed, roof terrace, huge basement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending