The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

I know this is random but I thought it'd be interesting to see how you've all decorated your rooms and it'll give other people ideas on how to decorate theirs.

I'm not at uni yet but have been thinking of how I can make my dorm room look nice for in October when I start.

CT: How to make your university room decor look fabulous
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

gemmaantonia

subscribed, nice idea
Reply 2
I might post one later but ideas could be just flag of chosen football team, posters, a pic collage of photos you have of you and friends etc on the pinboard :biggrin:
I go next year, but my friend printed LOADS of photos off before she went and absolutely covered her walls in them :smile: It looked really friendly and home-ly :smile: x

These are quite old now, there's a lot more clutter around.
Reply 5
Just don't put anything on the walls that will damage the paint (tape, pins, blu-tack etc) and read your uni's regs re things like fairy lights and changing the curtains (a lot of places won't be happy about either of those things due to fire hazards, but if you leave fairy lights unplugged when you're not there you should be ok).

I'm all for a bit of decoration (I did things like having lots of plants in my room, making my big built in corkboard into something of a photo montage, buying coloured table lamps and colourful bedding, sticking posters to my wardrobe etc), but you definitely need to be careful you don't damage anything.
Reply 6
FAQ: This was an ensuite room at Kirkstall Brewery (Leeds Met). £96.00 p/w in 2008, fair bit more now!

My room was pretty sexy to be fair.
Too big though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Norfolkadam

These are quite old now, there's a lot more clutter around.

Beaker!! Hello. :p:
Norfolkadam

Ice tea rocks.
Reply 9
Will post when I get back to uni :smile: But for ideas, I've perked up my room with a photo wall, fairy lights, cushions, candles etc :p:
Reply 10
barrze
*snip*
Too big though.

Your uni halls room had stairs in?!!

My room looks like it is permanently half moved into. Damn my cardboard boxes!
I just got myself a really brightly covered duvet set, LOADS of photos - tip, if you go onto the studentbeans website, they have a deal where HP will print off 40 photos and send them to you for 99p! I used that three times by using different email addresses - and just little bits like miniature rubber ducks, and things that my boyfriend and friends have given to me over the years :smile:
barrze

Too big though.

Omg where do you go to Uni? That room is amazing! I loooove the stairs!
Reply 13
Subscribing :biggrin:
Reply 14
dhr90
Your uni halls room had stairs in?!!

My room looks like it is permanently half moved into. Damn my cardboard boxes!

Yep :biggrin: whole little study area upstairs.
Reply 15
moomin_love
Omg where do you go to Uni? That room is amazing! I loooove the stairs!

Twas Leeds Met Kirkstall Brewery. Amazing room, I miss it but it was just a little bit too big.
my room is filled with empty vodka bottles, maybe another time lol
barrze
Twas Leeds Met Kirkstall Brewery. Amazing room, I miss it but it was just a little bit too big.

I wish I'd applied there just to have that room :frown: lol. It's so cool! I'm very jealous!
not decorated... but thats because we're really limited with what we can do :frown: so i just decorate it with my mess :biggrin:

Those bloody "Welcome to the party" posters.

Quick Reply

Latest