The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
-Sian-
Yeah, I FINALLY got my info through last week. Get the full loan and some help with fees. :smile:

:biggrin: that's good :smile:

Sarah
Reply 41
dogtanian
Still haven't heard... 'To be completed', or something.

What does that mean?

Perhaps theyre in the middle of assessing it now? or may need some other information from you? (just a guess) :smile:

Sarah
Reply 42
i havnt heard anything back from my LEA. the studentfinancedirect.co.uk website says 'to be completed' its been like that for months!!
Still haven't heard anything yet and I applied awhile back, feeling anxious/worried now.
Got it ages ago! Beginning of july, at least i can live comfortably now
Reply 45
Yes - again I was very lucky! 6 weeks late and I heard within a week!
Reply 46
is everyone getting loans here??
Reply 47
Only sent my forms off yesterday, so I haven't heard anything yet!
Reply 48
speedsix
is everyone getting loans here??

I would think that the majority of people will be . :cool:

Sarah
Reply 49
Yea i got mine. £4200 i think. most of it will go towards my accomodation fees and the rest will go towards cost of living.
Reply 50
Got my details this morning,

£4000 loan, tuition fees paid and a thousand pound grant, not too shabby
Does anyone know the deadline of the FINAL loan request form we are to send to the LEA?

I got it with the results of my application, and even though i received it about a month ago, i still havent sent it off because i want to change my bank account to a student account if i go into uni.
Reply 52
I get the full lot :biggrin:

However my dad wants most of it for me to stay in the house so I'm really pissed off.

Whats the interest on the loans?
Reply 53
sarah19
Hey there, I was just wondering if everyone had heard about their loans and stuff by now saying what they will get etc??? :cool:

Sarah x

yeah, I'll be getting no loan at all, but I only have to pay EU rates not international rates. They gave the date as may 06 to hand the form in by (the EU one) but of course it had to be in early so that I only have to pay EU rates, but they didn't say that. Only just realised in time when the uni sent me a letter saying it had to be done quickly. And as the form was not filled out correctly the first time I was worrying about it... lol, everything was all right in the end though.
Reply 54
Adarah
yeah, I'll be getting no loan at all, but I only have to pay EU rates not international rates. They gave the date as may 06 to hand the form in by (the EU one) but of course it had to be in early so that I only have to pay EU rates, but they didn't say that. Only just realised in time when the uni sent me a letter saying it had to be done quickly. And as the form was not filled out correctly the first time I was worrying about it... lol, everything was all right in the end though.

i'm glad u got it all sorted :biggrin:

Sarah
I still haven't heard, but I did send my form off two weeks late... was kinda hoping to hear something by now... but then again, I don't even know if I'm going to Uni yet!
Reply 56
1Michael
I get the full lot :biggrin:

However my dad wants most of it for me to stay in the house so I'm really pissed off.

Whats the interest on the loans?

0% interest. and you dont need to start paying it back untill you earn over 15,000 a year and also if you dont earn that within like 23 years then your debt gets reset and you owe nothing.
Finally got mine today! I get £5175 loan and £1000 hardship fund aswell as my fees paid. Also get £1400 PLA! so pleased they finally got it sorted!
Reply 58
i havent even rang up for the forms yet! haha i dont care - im sure i can scrpe my way through tho today i recieved a letter form my uni telling me of some basic equipment i will need to purchase... this alone amounts to £200.. i'm scared!
Sorry but I think you will find that the interest rate for this year is 3.2% it's gone up from 2.6% as from 1.9.2005
God knows who told you it is 0% (but it's still cheap @ 3.2%)

see student loan link:
http://www.slc.co.uk/noframe/news/interest.html

Latest

Trending

Trending