The Student Room Group

Higher english close reading. (HELP!)

i have just failed my close reading NAB and my last chance is on thursday:woo:

has anyone else ever got the feeling that you make gd comments on the subject and yet you arent getting any marks.:s-smilie: I know im not uninteligent because i attained 3 A's in my prelims:p: and i was crashing 1 of those courses.

Also, if you just dont think the right way, what can u do to pass?
Reply 1
I find close reading really easy, I got 39 and 44 in both my prelims for it, umm just try to write as much as you can for each question and try not to run out if time?
Reply 2
thanks for the advice. i dont understand why i am failing it though. I seem to understand the questions and there are no problems at the time of exam, and yet a lot of my answers are deemed irrelevant.
Reply 3
I feel as if there is very few questions I answer in Close Reading and think "That'll definitely get a mark." - IMO it really is down to the passage you get given. Someone in my class failed first time and got 8/30, then on his second try he got 20/30, so don't worry about it, just make sure you don't start answering each question, and then wander away from the subject (I used to do that).

Maybe ask your English teacher for a book on Close Reading, I hear they can be extremely helpful.

Latest

Trending

Trending