The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester entrance scholarship

I went to the open day on the 20th of March, and I had my socks blown off... just looks like an amazing uni, loved the halls and it just had a really nice vibe :biggrin: will very likely firm it in the next couple of weeks :smile:.

When I visited the Economics department, and then a few times subsequently, a £1000 scholarship was mentioned a lot, and they said it was for attaining grades ABB, which for economics, is the entry grades...! This sounds far too good to be true to me... is the grade higher, highly means tested, or do they have enough money to give a grand to EVERYONE who gets ABB?! :eek: Thanks for your time :smile:
Reply 1
Hi
I do Biological Sciences, and got £1000 for ABB (although I actaully got AAB). That was the entrance grade for the course too! I did think this year it was raised to AAB, but could be wrong. Best place to look is on the website nder the finance bit.
I on't think everyone gets it, for example people whocome through clearing, or who got it but missed 1 grade etc.
:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Daftdonkey
Hi
I do Biological Sciences, and got £1000 for ABB (although I actaully got AAB). That was the entrance grade for the course too! I did think this year it was raised to AAB, but could be wrong. Best place to look is on the website nder the finance bit.
I on't think everyone gets it, for example people whocome through clearing, or who got it but missed 1 grade etc.
:smile:

thanks v much for the reply :o:

yeahh i'm really confused... in the prospectus and it says AAB, but in all the talks and even the student finance talk at the uni that my dad went to, they said ABB! and missing the grade (hopefully! :P) won't be an issue, i'm predicted higher than ABB anyways :smile:
Reply 3
It's AAB for the first year only for sure. I looked it up the other day
Reply 4
http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/fees/undergraduate-finance/undergraduate-finance-scholarships

It's for AAB. You get it roughly around your loan payment in January.

When I applied 2 years ago it was ABB and by offer was ABB so it was definitely a bonus! I'm also second year Economics & Law so if you've got any questions about economics feel free to send a PM.
Reply 5
How do you apply for a scholarship, or do they do it automatically?? its a bit confusing trying to find out for scholarships and bursaries!!

:confused:
Reply 6
It's not clear on the website but here's from memory.. When you're doing your student loan application online at some point there will be a checkbox asking if you want to share certain information with your University to assess your eligibility for scholarships and such. I think this is what you need to check (When I did it it was pen and paper forms so slightly different). There's an email address on the link I gave above when someone to contact if you need any help so I'd recommend doing so just to check.

Latest

Trending

Trending