The Student Room Group
trigger
im sorry this has prob been done a million times before i just need a refresher on the order a CV goes in. Id use microsoft works but its decided it doesnt exist :rolleyes:
thanks

There is a trend at the moment for putting a little one-liner under your name, such as "Marketing Manager opening up new possibilities". It is recommended although I find it quite trite.

NAME
PERSONAL DETAILS
(PERSONAL STATEMENT)
EDUCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
WORK EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND PERSONAL INTERESTS

Should do it.
Reply 2
ChemistBoy
There is a trend at the moment for putting a little one-liner under your name, such as "Marketing Manager opening up new possibilities". It is recommended although I find it quite trite.

NAME
PERSONAL DETAILS
(PERSONAL STATEMENT)
EDUCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
WORK EXPERIENCE
OTHER SKILLS AND PERSONAL INTERESTS

Should do it.

What would i put in my personal staement :confused: first time ive had to do this ive allways had jobs that dfont need them
...will rep you later tonight...dont let me forget :smile:
trigger
your a star thenkyou...will rep you later tonight...dont let me forget :smile:

I tend to not put references on unless they are specifically asked for. Otherwise I just say 'appropriate references are available upon request' - make sure you ask your referee's permission before you give out their details.

Tailor your CV to each job you apply for (i.e. highlight relevant things - change the order around etc). There are no real rules of CV writing except - no spelling mistakes, good grammar and it should highlight who you are and what skills you will bring to that particular organisation.

Good luck!
Reply 4
thanks its applying for a student vet nurse job and so far 90% of work ive done has been animal related.....but the personal bit what would that entail?
trigger
thanks its applying for a student vet nurse job and so far 90% of work ive done has been animal related.....but the personal bit what would that entail?

I would only include a personal statement if you aren't including a covering letter. They both serve the same purpose which is to highlight and direct the reader to the important parts of your CV for this particular position that you have applied for. Have a think about what they will be looking for and see what you can bring out of your CV to reflect this.
Reply 6
hey.....if ur really struggling, I could send you a copy of mine if you like...
Reply 7
ChemistBoy
I would only include a personal statement if you aren't including a covering letter. They both serve the same purpose which is to highlight and direct the reader to the important parts of your CV for this particular position that you have applied for. Have a think about what they will be looking for and see what you can bring out of your CV to reflect this.

they want a cv and covering letter so i would assume my covering letter would expand on the jobs ive done and my interests??

damn the complication of it all
trigger
they want a cv and covering letter so i would assume my covering letter would expand on the jobs ive done and my interests??

damn the complication of it all

The cover letter is you chance to highlight your most important skills and qualities and impress upon the selectors that you are the best candidate.

No need for a personal statement.
Reply 9
right so im applying for a vet nurse job and ive owrked or work in a kennel grooming parlour and pet shop. ive also owned horses. so i would take those tell them on the letter why these are good things and what i was doing for each job?

Latest

Trending

Trending