The Student Room Group

Gone Revising Goes Lifting II [and 5-a-side football prep.]

One-liner awaiting completion.

Background Info:

I am a 19 year-old male who spent 18 months eating an excess of bad food and doing little excercise. I had an epiphany around April 2009 and began running short distance [approx. 3 miles]. In late June, Sixth form ended, I joined a gym and attempted to get into better shape. I fell from ~35% bf to ~15% bf between then and October 09. This was achieved mostly be making ammendments to my diet, starting a work 5-a-side football team at my former work place, running and a loose full body weight lifting routine.

When October began, I started my first bulk. Using WS4SB I, alongside long distance running, progress was unsurprisingly mixed, especially as I was restricted to the use of only dumbells and machines. In December 09 I joined a better gym and began a variant of 'Starting Strength', i followed this until March 2010 and am pleased with the progress made.

I shall now begin WS4SB Third Edition, but with an additional ME Lower in place of the dynamic lower. Alongside this, i shall be training for a 5-a-side football tournament in May.

Current Aims;

To gain strength
To improve athleticism
To gain mass

WS4SB I Progression Summary

Spoiler

Starting Strength Progression Summary

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck mate :smile:
Guvnor
Good luck mate :smile:

Cheers buddy
Reply 3
brap brap
Cardiovascular Training

7 mile cycling at approx 7am
23 mile cycling at approx 6pm

Additional Notes;

Was a clear day this morning so decided to cycle to work. Cycled back from work with a mate, so went off on a massive tangent. Mixed speeds and gradients. Easy stuff despite the rain and wind this evening. Possibly worth noting that its a mountain bike not road bike.
Adonis
brap brap

Hi, how are things?
Reply 6
Gone Revising
Hi, how are things?

not bad ta

i need to go revise but its boooooring lool
Adonis
not bad ta

i need to go revise but its boooooring lool

lol, i see what you did there :wink:

Are you a conventional student again then now?
Reply 8
Gone Revising
lol, in see what you did there :wink:

Are you a conventional student again then now?

yup lol

resume april 19th

exams in may

simple enough, just dull

also explains my choice to blast before uni

cruise during exams

blast post exams

chill
Reply 9
I might just copy you. I like the variation. Are you still running though?
Adonis
yup lol

resume april 19th

exams in may

simple enough, just dull

also explains my choice to blast before uni

cruise during exams

blast post exams

chill

Youve got it all worked out :biggrin:

Epud
I might just copy you. I like the variation. Are you still running though?

Go for it, its always nice to have others in a similar place.

I shall run, but only for conditioning purposes to improve my fitness. Im done with long distance running frequently for now. I was meant to run a half marathon last weekend, but the people entering me left it too late lol.
Why do you ask, do you intend to run?
Reply 11
cool story bro :ahee:
cool story bro :ahee:

:smile:

How're the injuries?

EDIT; by the way, the story, my OP or half marathon fail?
Reply 13
Gone Revising
:smile:

How're the injuries?

EDIT; by the way, the story, my OP or half marathon fail?

I'm not injured :p:

the story was just your original post. Where's it say you failed your half marathon, how'd you fail? :eek:
I'm not injured :p:

the story was just your original post. Where's it say you failed your half marathon, how'd you fail? :eek:

lol, i didnt fail it, i never competed, read a few posts above ^^^
Reply 15
Gone Revising
Go for it, its always nice to have others in a similar place.

I shall run, but only for conditioning purposes to improve my fitness. Im done with long distance running frequently for now. I was meant to run a half marathon last weekend, but the people entering me left it too late lol.
Why do you ask, do you intend to run?

Yeah, but I only want to run short distances. I get bored running for more than 20 minutes, and it takes too long to heal. If I leg-it for 10 minutes I'm fresh to do it again the next day.
Reply 16
Gone Revising
lol, i didnt fail it, i never competed, read a few posts above ^^^

how convenient :wink:
how convenient :wink:

lol, if i could prove how **** their adminsistration is with vids, i would [mipegg powerclean]
Reply 18
Gone Revising
lol, if i could prove how **** their adminsistration is with vids, i would [mipegg powerclean]

You knew you were going to fail, and purposefully didn't enter, admit it biatch.
You knew you were going to fail, and purposefully didn't enter, admit it biatch.

lol, i genuinely wanted to run and even wrote about it in my UCAS application, i wouldnt dick around with something like that if i didnt inetend to run.

Quick Reply

Latest