The Student Room Group

Gone Revising Goes Lifting II [and 5-a-side football prep.]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smack
Yeah, nothing as bad as some people though!

Are you going to stick around?

I joined the month before I started university and still seem to be around.

Yes I will

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3780255
This is what I call dedication! :biggrin:
Original post by Gone Revising
One-liner awaiting completion.

Background Info:

I am a 19 year-old male who spent 18 months eating an excess of bad food and doing little excercise. I had an epiphany around April 2009 and began running short distance [approx. 3 miles]. In late June, Sixth form ended, I joined a gym and attempted to get into better shape. I fell from ~35% bf to ~15% bf between then and October 09. This was achieved mostly be making ammendments to my diet, starting a work 5-a-side football team at my former work place, running and a loose full body weight lifting routine.

When October began, I started my first bulk. Using WS4SB I, alongside long distance running, progress was unsurprisingly mixed, especially as I was restricted to the use of only dumbells and machines. In December 09 I joined a better gym and began a variant of 'Starting Strength', i followed this until March 2010 and am pleased with the progress made.

I shall now begin WS4SB Third Edition, but with an additional ME Lower in place of the dynamic lower. Alongside this, i shall be training for a 5-a-side football tournament in May.

Current Aims;

To gain strength
To improve athleticism
To gain mass

WS4SB I Progression Summary

Spoiler

Starting Strength Progression Summary

Spoiler

Original post by liaente
This is what I call dedication! :biggrin:

thank you.

I assume you have found this blog from the link in my current blog, but if not, and for the benefit of anyone that sees this on page 1, my modern day blog is:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3780255&page=106

The title was poorly thought through, as it was a great way into the new blog at the time, but now I'm coming up on ten years.
I saw this and my first reaction was "Only GR could have two blogs running at once" 😂
Original post by Sae.HH
I saw this and my first reaction was "Only GR could have two blogs running at once" 😂

Lol, it’s a historical document of a time gone by, both for me and for the tsr fitness blog forum

Quick Reply

Latest