The Student Room Group

Is it gay for guys to like "cute" things?

OK well to put it simply I'm a guy and I'm straight and do plenty of "guy things" but for some reason I have a like for "cute" things like cute animals and puppies, cats etc.

I love animals. Whenever I see a cute dog I'll stop to stroke it and there's my neighbour's persian cat which I always stop to stroke and cuddle every day on the way to uni.

Anyways when I mention this infront of my guy friends they make fun of me and tell me that I'm either strange or gay. What, gay for liking animals?

The girls don't seem to have a problem for it and there's this one girl I have a bit of a thing for who seems to think it's really sweet that I like cute animals as she does too so maybe this ain't such a bad thing?

So what do you all think? Guys; do any of you out there like "cute" things and what do you think of guys who do?

Girls; do you think it's strange for guys to like cute things? What do you think of guys who do?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Yes it is.
Just come out the closet man, no one will judge you.
i'm cute :flutter:
Reply 3
LOL Oh dear.

So next time I see the cat I should just pour cold water over it or pinch its ears?
crazylemon
I do that sort of thing, cry at movies too.

I Got called a woman by a gay guy because of these things a few hours ago :rollseyes:

titanic always makes me teary :o:
Unless by cute you actually mean small penis' then no.
You're definatley a Gaylord if you've even got to ask this question...
unknownking321
titanic always makes me teary :o:

I had it when I watched wit recently. For about half the film I was in tears.
V for vendetta had me close to....
It's not gay. "Gay" is a sexual thing. I fail to see where any of this indicates your sexuality.
You sound exactly like me, and incidentally the guy I love. We both adore animals (particularly cats) and general adorable things. It's so much nicer than my ex boyfriend who literally got annoyed because my laugh was "too cute", and who didn't like animals. IMO, cute guys > any other guys.
Awwww no it's not gay! It's cute...:smile:
im a girl and i think its really sweet when guys like cute things, i dont come across it very often as most try to act all macho haha. theres really nothing wrong with it and is very very appealing :smile: every girl as a different opinion but i know all my friends would find this sweet ( apart from one who hates animals ). the only 'girly things' guys can do which i would say is a turn off would be if they were completely vein ( like look in the mirror ALL the time n obviously in love with themselves ) or bitch all the time like a women! soo unattractive!
but yeah anyway your love for cute things is a good thing! its so sweet when lads love animals and babies and such seeing as most girls have this sensitive side themselves.
Reply 12
Looks like someone is going to take a trip down the Express Tunnel Soon.
Reply 13
Unless you like ribbons in your hair and cute, frilly dresses... no, you're not gay or camp. Liking animals just shows you're sensitive and a kind guy... that's not gay!
Reply 14
No it doesn't make you gay. Cute is cute, yes it is personal but can easily be standardised or generalised ie) babies are cute, puppies/kittens are cute etc. It is just a word and showing affection or interest in a small, defenceless creature isn't gay, it's human.
Anonymous
LOL Oh dear.

So next time I see the cat I should just pour cold water over it or pinch its ears?

Awww. Poor kitty. :frown:
No, it's not gay, I'm betting that your friends do see those animals as cute, they just don't show it, if anything I'd say it just shows your secure enough with your sexuality that you can let out all your emotions without subconsciously thinking "is this gay"
Of course you could just be gay.
Reply 17
appears feminine maybe yes
is gay no
feminine != gay
Who the hell cares, do whatever is natural to you as life is too short to care about what others think especially on an anal matter likes this. Actually thinking about it I would say showing a variety of emotional response would be a benefit with the girls. On a side note please never never but never speak in squeaky girlish baby voice
Reply 18
senator88
im a girl and i think its really sweet when guys like cute things, i dont come across it very often as most try to act all macho haha. theres really nothing wrong with it and is very very appealing :smile: every girl as a different opinion but i know all my friends would find this sweet ( apart from one who hates animals ). the only 'girly things' guys can do which i would say is a turn off would be if they were completely vein ( like look in the mirror ALL the time n obviously in love with themselves ) or bitch all the time like a women! soo unattractive!
but yeah anyway your love for cute things is a good thing! its so sweet when lads love animals and babies and such seeing as most girls have this sensitive side themselves.

Aw.

There's this girl I like at uni. Can you believe she gave me a panda for my birthday because I mentioned I wanted to go to China and hug a baby panda? It was so sickeningly cute.

Anyways I really have the hots for her. I love her cute personality and looks and I know she likes cute creatures too. I dream of moving in with her and maybe me and her could buy a poodle puppy and raise it as our little baby.

She looks like Mulan aswell. She's so cute. ^^
Anonymous
Aw.

There's this girl I like at uni. Can you believe she gave me a panda for my birthday because I mentioned I wanted to go to China and hug a baby panda? It was so sickeningly cute.

Anyways I really have the hots for her. I love her cute personality and looks and I know she likes cute creatures too. I dream of moving in with her and maybe me and her could buy a poodle puppy and raise it as our little baby.

She looks like Mulan aswell. She's so cute. ^^

man how many times you wanna say cute? plus she gave you a panda? so where has this young woman been hiding these said pandas? btw i can see why your friends call you gay, jus sayin', you say some real feminine things highlighted in green to differentiate :smile:

Latest