The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Questions about Concept Place :)

Scroll to see replies

Sweet as a nut! Helllooo there :smile: What you doing at Leeds? where are you from blah blah hello 20 questions! how about you add me on facebook? my email is [email protected] and we can chat there. (y)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 21
last year i experienced most halls inc. bodd, james b, henry p, opals, tannery and would deffo put concept place only 2nd to james b as my fave accomodation. loads going on and near town. near town being good but bad because dont really meet the majority on other side. But concept is massive, pretty tidy in comparison to student halls (with lifts, living room bla bla bla) and was a lot going on!
Lizzillaa

Who's living in what flat & stuff come September? I'm going for a viewing on Tuesday, but it would be nice to get chatting to some people who I may potentially live with; Flats 703, 205, 303, 405, 711, 713, 801, 807 and 808 all have potential rooms :smile:

I've booked flat 802:p: , there is a room left in our flat...its a mixed sex lot, but I'm not sure if it's one of the bigger rooms ::s-smilie: we could be neighbours :smile: i'm going to be doing fashion design at leeds uni...hopefully! i went for a viewng a while back and loved it!
x
Reply 23
I've booked a room in 703, can't wait now! I loved when I went to go view the show flat the other day, very impressed and sweet location!
Reply 24
Hey, I'm looking at Concept Place and its location plus all the great info here has me very interested. I'll be doing an MA in September, does anyone know if many postgrads tend to live there? I lived in a very similar place at uni and they tended to group postgrads and older students into flats together, think it'll be same practice here or is it just pot luck?

Booked a viewing for the weekend, I wonder if I could sweet talk them into giving me one of those randomly bigger rooms :wink:
manda281
in reply to this:
hey im in the same flat as you!!!
im in 715 room E...

Sweet as a nut! Helllooo there What you doing at Leeds? where are you from blah blah hello 20 questions! how about you add me on facebook? my email is [email protected] and we can chat there. (y)
Syrin
Hey, I'm looking at Concept Place and its location plus all the great info here has me very interested. I'll be doing an MA in September, does anyone know if many postgrads tend to live there? I lived in a very similar place at uni and they tended to group postgrads and older students into flats together, think it'll be same practice here or is it just pot luck?

Booked a viewing for the weekend, I wonder if I could sweet talk them into giving me one of those randomly bigger rooms :wink:

I'm also doing an MA at the University of Leeds next year, I've booked for Concept Place and was wondering the same thing, any more postrads signed up?
Reply 27
What's the quickest way into uni from Concept Place? From what Google Maps is telling me, it's telling me to enter the uni at the Worsley Building, but I reckon there's a quicker way if there's any alleyways or stairs leading up the side.
Reply 28
bn10jgs
I'm also doing an MA at the University of Leeds next year, I've booked for Concept Place and was wondering the same thing, any more postrads signed up?

I did end up booking in there. I'm on the third floor, they put postgrads lower down for some reason, maybe we're just not as sprightly as the freshers? :wink:

Do you know whereabouts in the building you are? Edit: You posted in another thread I'm watching (Mature Students at Leeds) and you said you're on the 3rd floor living with a 3rd year and 2 postgrads... me too! You don't happen to be in apt. 301?

Sceptre
What's the quickest way into uni from Concept Place? From what Google Maps is telling me, it's telling me to enter the uni at the Worsley Building, but I reckon there's a quicker way if there's any alleyways or stairs leading up the side.

There are steps leading into the uni at Woodhouse Lane, I think that's where the Worsley Builing is. I've been told it is the closest entrance to uni from Concept, and in another thread was provided with this map.
Syrin
I did end up booking in there. I'm on the third floor, they put postgrads lower down for some reason, maybe we're just not as sprightly as the freshers? :wink:

Do you know whereabouts in the building you are? Edit: You posted in another thread I'm watching (Mature Students at Leeds) and you said you're on the 3rd floor living with a 3rd year and 2 postgrads... me too! You don't happen to be in apt. 301?

Guilty, I am in 301, room B! What are the chances of finding housemates on here!
Reply 30
Oh wow, it's a small internet after all! I'm room A. This is quite interesting actually because now I can ask you what you're bringing; in my last flatshare of five we shared kitchen stuff and ended up with 5 full sets of tableware, 2 kettles, 3 toasters and about 20 pans, as far as storage went it was a nightmare!
Same as my time in halls too, we had multiples of all kitchenware lol! I was going to take 2/3 pans, 3/4 plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and bought a knife and fork set a few days ago. I was also going to take an assortment of utensils and a new George Foreman griller haha!

I'm James btw, and I'm going to study Human Resource Management. What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 32
Sceptre

It depends where on campus you are. I looked on Google maps and it came up with a ridiculous rout! Personally, I'd say to get to Parkinson Building; When you come out of Concept Place, there is a fork in the road when you look in the direction towards town; Go left at this folk, towards the Well, go left through the Well's carpark towards Millennium Square, then left there straight up past Dry Dock up Woodhouse Lane. It should take around 15 minutes.

However, this is me not knowing any back exists/shortcuts through campus, so I'm going to take the time to walk around the campus and find quicker ways back. I'm going to assume there's an easier way up the back of the campus though. I think we'll get shown the way by halls reps when we move in, if not, we should bunch together and walk up in a big bunch the first few times so no one gets lost!
Reply 33
Woops I didn't see that map there! My bad :o:
Reply 34
Going all the way round to the Parkinson seems a bit extreme, especially as going via the Millenium Square is going over the IRR twice. The free bus goes over the ring road once, and drops you outside the Worsley. I'd have thought the quickest way from Concept Place to the Roger Stevens is either through the Worsley or Springfield Mount.
Reply 35
Sceptre
Going all the way round to the Parkinson seems a bit extreme, especially as going via the Millenium Square is going over the IRR twice. The free bus goes over the ring road once, and drops you outside the Worsley. I'd have thought the quickest way from Concept Place to the Roger Stevens is either through the Worsley or Springfield Mount.

As I said, this is me not knowing it too well :biggrin: I need to get to Old Mining Building, but I have learnt that there's a back way in... I just need to find out how, I don't know the campus well at all. Do you live in Leeds?
Reply 36
I know Leeds well enough to know that if you're going through the Millennium Square to get to Uni from the west, you're doing it wrong. Campus is just up the road from the hospital side of the Square. I'd say your best bet is to enter the Uni through the Worsley Building, then follow the North-South access route (it's clearly signposted) to the Parkinson. It's walking across the entire campus, but it's better than walking up Woodhouse Lane from the city.
Hey guys n gals im a rebooker from last year, iQ ****** us up double booked us only left Concept with regret as it closed for maintainance over summer, glad to go back. If you book before monday they give u 11 days free if u want to move in on 1st sep. I reccomend moving in early and exploring city on your own, so when everyone arrives you know all the places and people will quickly befriend you hehe.

Update to previous people spoke to, me and my partner now back at concept we will be in the largest studio 202, but will be venturing back to our 5th floor roots for knock down ginger :smile:
Reply 38
Sceptre
I know Leeds well enough to know that if you're going through the Millennium Square to get to Uni from the west, you're doing it wrong. Campus is just up the road from the hospital side of the Square.

I based my route on the walk from the Well to Dry Dock. I don't think I'm "doing it wrong" when I've not even moved there yet, I'm just getting a feel for it. I'm sure I'll learn soon enough...
Sceptre

Walk up through hannover square take some cobbled street I forget name of, cross clarendon road walk up it and take next right, walk through west wing (mental hospital) car park, then left at end and through concrete jungle of buildings. Your now facing Roger Stevens and can use lift and walk through pedestrian tube, or take concrete steps alongside edward boyle library, or before you hit roger stevens take immediate left up stairs and get access to tube that way, (this is quickest route for me to social sciences and Parkinson area etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest