The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
El Pollo Diablo
You'd be surprised. The only real difference I've noticed between Leeds and Bristol is the price of a) a pint and b) fish and chips [about £2.50 here, compared with £3.50 in Brizzle]

hell of a lot cheaper than oxenfordeshire even in bristol. hurray!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41
Gexko
hell of a lot cheaper than oxenfordeshire even in bristol. hurray!

Huzzah! (My new word of choice, and what better opportunity to use it?)
Reply 42
El Pollo Diablo
Huzzah! (My new word of choice, and what better opportunity to use it?)

Pip pip huzzah!!

The Cry of the British Empire's Success.
Reply 43
Lincoln City Fc???

My Sworn Enemies Until We Next Lose A Match!!!!
Reply 44
Gexko
Lincoln City Fc???

My Sworn Enemies Until We Next Lose A Match!!!!

Till tomorrow then? :biggrin:
It was Derek Asamoah's first goal for the club too, and he joined us in about March.
Reply 45
El Pollo Diablo
Till tomorrow then? :biggrin:
It was Derek Asamoah's first goal for the club too, and he joined us in about March.

YOU BASTARDS!

I can't believe we didnt win by 3 goals. we hammered you in the first half and most of the second! Craig Davies (wales international (my hero)) scored in the second minute. We should have taken you to the cleaners.

Just one more reminder why oxford have been stuck in this hell hole of a league for so long :bawling:

And actually we are not playing tommorow as Craig Davies' international commitments clash with the fixture so its been moved to next week :p:

As it happens we're playing bristol rovers away so we're going to win.

And we'll beat stickport at home on saturday too. HA.

Oxford oxford, yellow yellow yellow.

Wooooo.

13th in the league? Bring it on!
Reply 46
Yeah, well we got robbed at Chester the other week. These things come round :biggrin: We've been stuck for bloody ages too - we've been in the playoffs 3 years running with no luck :frown: This year is our year.
12th in the league, bring it on!
Reply 47
El Pollo Diablo
Yeah, well we got robbed at Chester the other week. These things come round :biggrin: We've been stuck for bloody ages too - we've been in the playoffs 3 years running with no luck :frown: This year is our year.
12th in the league, bring it on!

Yeah but you play this relentless long ball game, you don't deserve to win :p:

We on the other hand are punching well above our weight with a flowing passing game.

Unfortunately we have a tiny squad with only 3 strikers and 5 defenders, 2 of which are injured, so i cant see us getting out of the league either unless we sign some more players asap.

Of course come May both Oxford and Lincoln will be up via automatic promotion and we will have nothing to worry about...
Reply 48
Gexko
Yeah but you play this relentless long ball game, you don't deserve to win :p:

We on the other hand are punching well above our weight with a flowing passing game.

Unfortunately we have a tiny squad with only 3 strikers and 5 defenders, 2 of which are injured, so i cant see us getting out of the league either unless we sign some more players asap.

Of course come May both Oxford and Lincoln will be up via automatic promotion and we will have nothing to worry about...

But of course, it's bound to happen.

Under Alan Buckley, we used to play a flowing passing game. However, we finished 22nd. Keef comes in, basically strips the midfield and we get to Cardiff having been in administration at the start of the season. I'm just concerned that the long ball is good, but just not quite good enough to get us out of the division :frown:
Reply 49
El Pollo Diablo
But of course, it's bound to happen.

Under Alan Buckley, we used to play a flowing passing game. However, we finished 22nd. Keef comes in, basically strips the midfield and we get to Cardiff having been in administration at the start of the season. I'm just concerned that the long ball is good, but just not quite good enough to get us out of the division :frown:

Indeed, the long ball, hard tackling, boots and mud approach to league 2 (third division it shall always be in my heart) is the best way to success, which is evidenced by the fact that 2 seasons ago we were top of the league at new year with a 5 point lead with Ian Atkins playing 5-3-2 long ball and grinding out 2-1 wins every week. (of course we then had the worst record in the division apart from carlisle in the second half of the year and ended up 9th).

we duly fired atkins when he flirted with rovers before his contract had expired with us, brought in graham rix for the last 10 games of 03/04 which he lost apart from a 0-0 draw with grimsby i think it was.

he then lost 6 out of the first 7 games of the next season, was shunted upstairs and replaced by ramon diaz, the former river plate manager (6 league titles, 1 world club championship, rated 2nd best in the world 5 years ago etc etc), who brought in a back room staff of 4 coaches and 3 physios, along with around 7 south american players.

we then played the most beautiful football ever seen in league two and finished 12th, ahving beaten everyone in the top half of the league bar lincoln (eg yeovil 2-1 after they had won their previous 10 games) and having lost to everyone in the bottom half (eg kiddie 3-1 at home), becuase as soon as the ball was hoofed into the air we couldnt play our passing game :bawling:

The south americans all left as we couldnt afford to pay them and now we have stodgy Brain Talbot who combines the boring mentality of stodgy footy needed to win the league (as he did with rushden) and the passing game of our wonderful past managers, meaning we should end up in the playoffs methinks :smile:
Reply 50
Exactly, you don't watch League Two for the flowing football, unfortunately.
My house this year is within walking distance of Bristol Rovers ground, so we're going to join the Student Supporters club, and pop down occasionally on a saturday afternoon :biggrin: Tickets are only about a fiver if you join.
Reply 51
El Pollo Diablo
Exactly, you don't watch League Two for the flowing football, unfortunately.
My house this year is within walking distance of Bristol Rovers ground, so we're going to join the Student Supporters club, and pop down occasionally on a saturday afternoon :biggrin: Tickets are only about a fiver if you join.

Im thinking of joining, but bristol rovers are a pile of ***** this year (not least cos of ian atkins). I may well have to drag myself down there anyway for my weekly fix of league 2 footy. How far is the ground from stoke bishop?

You know the best thing about oxford (apart from the fact the stadium has three ends and a fence onto the car park)? The ticket prices:

Cheapest seats in the house: £14!

Seats where you can actually see the action: £20!

Bargain stuff.
Reply 52
We went once last year and it took us about half an hour to walk, so not too far at all.
Reply 53
Btw Katie, sorry for hijacking your thread :redface:
Reply 54
El Pollo Diablo
Btw Katie, sorry for hijacking your thread :redface:

She's hijacked enough of mine in her time. i feel it is my right, nay, my duty to hijack some of hers!

Is the ground towards the centre of bris or down that big hill where the stoke bishop halls are which gives a wonderful panorama of lots of houses away from the centre?

Im considering going to the game next tuesday you see :smile:
Reply 55
Gexko
She's hijacked enough of mine in her time. i feel it is my right, nay, my duty to hijack some of hers!

Is the ground towards the centre of bris or down that big hill where the stoke bishop halls are which gives a wonderful panorama of lots of houses away from the centre?

Im considering going to the game next tuesday you see :smile:

It's over in Horfield, one of the suburbs.
It's the top ground marked on Gloucester Road (the bottom one is Gloucs CCC) and the Downs are the green bit on the far left. Uni's down in the bottom left, where it says "the Red Lodge"
Reply 56
Not too far at all then.

Bristol's a lot bigger than Oxford isnt it?

How will i survive!

[would like to point out at this point that i am not afraid of big cities before any do gooder starts to comfort me or anyone takes the piss, thank you.]
Geordie_in_HK
hey all this about it being wet and cold is only partly true: while its been raining and miserable down south this weekend up here in the Toon its been lush!

Actually I got badly sunburnt in the south west this morning. :p:

Not so raining and miserable then.
I meant this weekend...
Reply 59
Go south!

No, no, in your endo!

[hopes someone else watches scrubs]

Latest

Trending

Trending