The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sexysax
Is anyone else being ill with worry over their results? I'm constantly feeling sick and getting migranes when I think about it. :frown:

Awww :hugs: that can't be fun. It'll be over soon, just one and a bit more days to get through.
Reply 2
I have no idea what to suggest to make you feel better, just try and relax. Have a bath and read or listen to music and try and sleep. It will be over very soon and i'm sure you'll be fine. xx
aaw :frown: 1 more day and it's over! Twas weird I saw this thread just as it hit me the results really come out in 1-2 days, and started having trouble breathing in... Am totally freaked out because people keep saying how lousy and unreliable Edexcel are, and what I get in history (the subject I do with Edexcel) is virtually my most important mark. Also, my French papers were terrrrible, I screwed up module 3 of English and the only one I'm reasonably confident about is Law which I've been told is regarded as a "doss subject" in any case *draws breath*

Anyway.

Best of luck with your results, I hope you do great :biggrin:
Reply 4
*Bethany*
aaw :frown: 1 more day and it's over! Twas weird I saw this thread just as it hit me the results really come out in 1-2 days, and started having trouble breathing in... Am totally freaked out because people keep saying how lousy and unreliable Edexcel are, and what I get in history (the subject I do with Edexcel) is virtually my most important mark. Also, my French papers were terrrrible, I screwed up module 3 of English and the only one I'm reasonably confident about is Law which I've been told is regarded as a "doss subject" in any case *draws breath*

Anyway.

Best of luck with your results, I hope you do great :biggrin:

Don't worry, contrary to Edexcel's reputation, they are professionals who will strive to give you the marks you deserve. If they were not reliable, they wouldn't be the most popular examining body for UK state schools. It is natural to speculate at a time like this, and I do understand what you are going through (I am awaiting my GCSE grades). You're 17 so I am guessing you're waiting for your AS results (correct me if I'm wrong)? If you are awaiting AS results, and it turns out they are less than what you were expecting/needing, you could always resit the appropriate modules in your A2 year. :smile: Try not to worry, and just enjoy the experience of being an A-Level student! IRL, I'm really not as nerdy as I appear on TSR. :redface:
Reply 5
I'm in the same boat as you, sexysax. I've had a horrible headache all day, and just now my mum has told me how tired and ill I look. Way to alleviate the stress, Mum :frown:
Reply 6
Pixelated
Don't worry, contrary to Edexcel's reputation, they are professionals who will strive to give you the marks you deserve. If they were not reliable, they wouldn't be the most popular examining body for UK state schools. It is natural to speculate at a time like this, and I do understand what you are going through (I am awaiting my GCSE grades). You're 17 so I am guessing you're waiting for your AS results (correct me if I'm wrong)? If you are awaiting AS results, and it turns out they are less than what you were expecting/needing, you could always resit the appropriate modules in your A2 year. :smile: Try not to worry, and just enjoy the experience of being an A-Level student! IRL, I'm really not as nerdy as I appear on TSR. :redface:

When you get a lower grade for yous AS retake oral tan you did in the original, despite only speaking about 3 words of French in the original... Then you will understand how unreliable Edexcel are!!!!!!
Reply 7
Do get that feeling as though you're about to throw up in your stomach whenever you think about it? I do... :frown: It's not particularly pleasant, especially when I've been woken up by the pain it's given me when dreaming about results...

Perhaps it's psychosomatic. Oh well. I just have to get on with life :smile:.
Reply 8
henryt
Do get that feeling as though you're about to throw up in your stomach whenever you think about it? I do... :frown: It's not particularly pleasant, especially when I've been woken up by the pain it's given me when dreaming about results...

Perhaps it's psychosomatic. Oh well. I just have to get on with life :smile:.

Yes, whenever I think about the 25th I feel unwell, ad nauseam. :frown:
I'm surprised by how much people are stressing out over this. I'm definitely worried myself, but I've seen people on TSR saying they've been throwing up, waking up from nightmares screaming... there is a lot of pressure placed on the youth today. Some cope better than others, but this almost seems like too much for some people. In a way, I don't see how this system can be right.
I agree. I haven't been feeling great recently, I go white and feel sick whenever anyone mentions results :s:
Reply 11
sexysax
Is anyone else being ill with worry over their results? I'm constantly feeling sick and getting migranes when I think about it. :frown:

I don't feel ill at all. My heart is beating fast though, as I'm nervous and worried. :frown: Soon it will be over.
Reply 12
Not even 24 hours left.. :frown: (for me)
Reply 13
Thanks for the support, I'm really nervous now, we'll soon be finding out
Reply 14
sexysax
Thanks for the support, I'm really nervous now, we'll soon be finding out

Same here. The nervousness will end sometime tommorow (finally).
I haven't felt sick or had nightmares or anything (only waiting for AS results) but I haven't had a decent night's sleep for about a week. I probably slept for a total of about 3 hours last night and I doubt I'll get any sleep at all tonight, so I'm really tired!
Reply 16
I feel like sick, when ever I eat something I feel as if an acid is coming out of my lungs and up to my thorat, it's disgusting and yucky,I've had this before once:frown:
Reply 17
kellywood_5
I haven't felt sick or had nightmares or anything (only waiting for AS results) but I haven't had a decent night's sleep for about a week. I probably slept for a total of about 3 hours last night and I doubt I'll get any sleep at all tonight, so I'm really tired!

I kept waking up today and forcing my self back to sleep,I don'teven feel like going to the gym :frown:
Reply 18
kellywood_5

Same here, I just can't sleep, last night I nodded off at about 2am and dreamt about my results sheets turning into bagels and catching fire :s: I'm now off to watch Trisha which will hopefully make me feel better :biggrin:
Reply 19
When I eventually got to sleep I woke up in the middle of the morning and just lay there for about an hour thinking about tomorrow :frown:

Latest