The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

neither, a weight lifting gymnast however....
Reply 2
well yeah, lb for pound they are the strongest, thats probably all that needs to be said.

a body builder couldn't swing theyre own body weight around on a bar. thats what pound for pound means.
Reply 3
Trouser Snake

Or an insecure gymnast who posts pictures of himself in the mirror and asks a forum if they like his body?
Reply 4
redbuthotter
Came accross a couple of articles a while ago including this one:

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/articles2.html

A lot of people say gymnasts are lbs for lbs the strongest people in the world. How can this be true if there is no good way to measure absolute strength - is it speed, limit or endurance, and how would you measure it for the entire body?

Thoughts... would be interesting to hear from actual gymnasts.

I like how you proposed a contextual debate and then immediately denied the validity of the very same debate.
SacreBleu
Or an insecure gymnast who posts pictures of himself in the mirror and asks a forum if they like his body?

Insecure or not, it doesn't take away the fact that i can bench press a camel.
Reply 6
Trouser Snake

But it also doesn't take away the fact that your legs are probably as weak as **** and that serious lifters may just squat you for breakfast. If they aren't, this is purely hypothetical, but you sound like a typical chicken legger.
Reply 7
Planto
I like how you proposed a contextual debate and then immediately denied the validity of the very same debate.

What was the contextual debate... I havn't expressed an explicit view, I merely said who's to say who is stronger.... and wondered if anyone had an opinion on this.
Reply 8
haha, what would you class yourself as?

Trouser Snake
YL_LDN
But it also doesn't take away the fact that your legs are probably as weak as **** and that serious lifters may just squat you for breakfast. If they aren't, this is purely hypothetical, but you sound like a typical chicken legger.

Got to have them strong legs....come in handy for cracking walnuts at christmas when the nut cracker is misplaced. People should have them solely for that reason alone. For me however I have to get disproportionately large thighs so my giant penis doesn't look so giant anymore.
redbuthotter
haha, what would you class yourself as?

A cross between a future man and sex machine.
Reply 11
Entirely depends on what you define strength as.
Reply 12
Trouser Snake
Got to have them strong legs....come in handy for cracking walnuts at christmas when the nut cracker is misplaced. People should have them solely for that reason alone. For me however I have to get disproportionately large thighs so my giant penis doesn't look so giant anymore.

Good, thats the spirit, now squat bitch. :whip:
YL_LDN
Good, thats the spirit, now squat bitch. :whip:

i've had a poo already.
Trouser Snake
A cross between a future man and sex machine.

"Age: 26"

Arent you a bit old to be acting like such a pleb?
FluxD
Entirely depends on what you define strength as.

Karate chopping a giraffe to death would be a good definition, no?
Trouser Snake

by judging from you homo avatar I really doubt you can
An Equalibrium
"Age: 26"

Arent you a bit old to be acting like such a pleb?

a pleb in your eyes, a futuristic love machine in anothers. You can't win them all.
basketofsnakes
by judging from you homo avatar I really doubt you can

Drive me to Chester Zoo and i'll prove it.
lb for lb gymnasts are stronger since "weightlifters" (and by "weightlifters" I assume you are talking about powerlifters) only carea bout lifting as much weight as possible so put on as much muscle/fat as possible

but as far as "strongest", weightlifters own gymnasts

p4p strongest: gymnasts
total strongest: "weightlifters"

Latest