The Student Room Group

A2 AQA BUSS4: Strategies Businesses could have adopted to prepare for the recession.

Is anyone else finding this really hard to research. I read the times everyday and I'm slowly building up information on all other aspects of the recession except this one - I have even looked online too.

Do you think we just need to draw upon the business theory side of the couse for this part of the research? Because I have no idea how businesses could have prepared for the recession, as for the most part it was unexpected.

N.B this part of the research is different from the strategies businesses have adopted in response to the recession.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Postpone orders or even pay of orders earlier when they could afford it.

Make cutbacks in anticipation of the recession instead of sacking during it etc

I can't really think of many
Reply 2
Is this to do with a prerelease of material? I am an external candidate so dont know when this is meant to appear.
Reply 3
dogie
Is this to do with a prerelease of material? I am an external candidate so dont know when this is meant to appear.

Go on AQA website and look for BUSS4 Business Studies mate, the pre release theme is the recession and the information is available from there. :smile:
Reply 4
Cheers.
Reply 5
dogie
Cheers.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=24399056
If you go to post 23 there is a really help pack been put up. I'm an external candidate too. :smile:

EDIT: I do not have the information on that page, and it was removed from the forums.
Reply 6
I haven't even started doing research yet, i have no idea where to start i was thinking of doing john lewis or dominos or bnq and a company like woolworths.

I was only going to research 2 companies should i be doing more? what should i be doing to find stuff and how?

thanks.
Reply 7
im an external candidate too.......so we research about two companies, right? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
vn2009
im an external candidate too.......so we research about two companies, right? :s-smilie:

I thought it was about loads of different ones in loads of different markets.
Reply 9
Magic Dust
I thought it was about loads of different ones in loads of different markets.

I am confused.....what do we actually do for this module :confused:

Reply 10
vn2009
I am confused.....what do we actually do for this module :confused:

If you go there and see post 23 someone has put up a 78 page information pack which I am working my way through - SO helpful :smile:

EDIT: Thread no longer exists. I no longer have the pack. Sorry. Please don't ask me for it.
Reply 11
Magic Dust

If you go there and see post 23 someone has put up a 78 page information pack which I am working my way through - SO helpful :smile:

Thanks...have been looking through that :smile:
Reply 12
vn2009
Thanks...have been looking through that :smile:

Are you teaching yourself any of the other units?
Reply 13
Magic Dust
Are you teaching yourself any of the other units?

yep unit 1, 2, 3 and 4....so all of them :smile:

wbu? :smile:
Reply 14
vn2009
yep unit 1, 2, 3 and 4....so all of them :smile:

wbu? :smile:

Yeah, the same! How are you finding it? How far through are you?
Reply 15
Magic Dust
Yeah, the same! How are you finding it? How far through are you?

A lot of work basically lol. Still got unit 2 and unit 4 to go through. For Unit 1 and unit 2, it's alot of definitions we need to learn right?

How you finding it? You writing revision notes or Reading and doing questions ? :smile:
Reply 16
vn2009
A lot of work basically lol. Still got unit 2 and unit 4 to go through. For Unit 1 and unit 2, it's alot of definitions we need to learn right?

How you finding it? You writing revision notes or Reading and doing questions ? :smile:

I've done unit 1, some of unit 4 and some of unit 2. I'm making notes for the units, and then once I have done the unit and moved on, I am going back and answering questions on it each day. How about you?
Reply 17
Magic Dust
I've done unit 1, some of unit 4 and some of unit 2. I'm making notes for the units, and then once I have done the unit and moved on, I am going back and answering questions on it each day. How about you?

cool. I'm just reading it through at moment. I will be starting to create sone notes soon though.

I still don't get the unit 4 module, as in are we allowed to write about our own choice of companies in the exam, otherwise why do we need to research about the recession and companies in the recession, if we don't know which companies we are going to have to write about?

Hope that makes sense lol
Reply 18
vn2009
cool. I'm just reading it through at moment. I will be starting to create sone notes soon though.

I still don't get the unit 4 module, as in are we allowed to write about our own choice of companies in the exam, otherwise why do we need to research about the recession and companies in the recession, if we don't know which companies we are going to have to write about?

Hope that makes sense lol

They give you a case study and a selection of two essays, both worth 40 marks. You then have to pick the essay you want to respond too and answer it. Higher marks are awarded for candidates who compare and contrast the case study to different markets and businesses. Also to candidates who make decisions and conclusions about the business in the case study. :smile:

There is some examples at the end of that pack of questions and answers which should give you a good idea.
Reply 19
Magic Dust
They give you a case study and a selection of two essays, both worth 40 marks. You then have to pick the essay you want to respond too and answer it. Higher marks are awarded for candidates who compare and contrast the case study to different markets and businesses. Also to candidates who make decisions and conclusions about the business in the case study. :smile:

There is some examples at the end of that pack of questions and answers which should give you a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest