The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't know about Med but for Dental when i went to the interviews and the general unis and dental campuses Leeds was a definite win. Sheffield city seemed a little more like a village than a real city.
Reply 2
If it were me, it'd be between HYMS and Leeds.

Either way, Leeds is a really cool place and the course seems good... but it'd mainly be the location that'd swing it.

Mind, you shouldn't really be basing your decision on what a bunch of randomers on the internet say.
Reply 3
Leeds all day. better uni imo and also better much better city. sheffield as a city is a bit dead if you ask me.
Kinkerz
If it were me, it'd be between HYMS and Leeds.

Either way, Leeds is a really cool place and the course seems good... but it'd mainly be the location that'd swing it.

Mind, you shouldn't really be basing your decision on what a bunch of randomers on the internet say.

why hyms?
Reply 5
down-in-albion
This time yesterday I was 99% sure I was going to firm Sheff, but after receiving an offer from Leeds this morning (which I really wasn't expecting seeing as my interview wasn't the best...) all that's out of the window!

Anyone firmed either?

Why?

Anyone in the same position or similar, or has been in the past?
:confused:

I'm applying for Dentistry but I'd say Leeds :biggrin: the city is amazing and it just wowed me when i visited there..Sheffield..not so much really..
Reply 6
Kinkerz

I know that. :smile: Just looking for a bit of friendly advice...

HYMS is too PBL for me... I only applied there because it was close to home and a potential back up.
Reply 7
Presidential
why hyms?

Because I've never heard a bad thing about their course. If you end up in Hull it's a bit of a downer, but then again, alot of the people who end up in Hull end up saying they wouldn't change anyway.
Kinkerz
Because I've never heard a bad thing about their course. If you end up in Hull it's a bit of a downer, but then again, alot of the people who end up in Hull end up saying they wouldn't change anyway.

hmm , would you recommend it b4 liverpool?
Reply 9
Presidential
hmm , would you recommend it b4 liverpool?

Personally? Without a doubt I'd choose HYMS over Liverpool, but that's an entirely subjective decision.
Reply 10
down-in-albion
HYMS is too PBL for me... I only applied there because it was close to home and a potential back up.

Utter *facepalm*.
Kinkerz
Personally? Without a doubt I'd choose HYMS over Liverpool, but that's an entirely subjective decision.

Reply 12
I'd choose Sheffield :smile: but obviously I'm very biased. I think you need to visit the cities to get a feel for the area and also look at how the course structures differ, and see which course style suits your learning the most. I know nothing about the Leeds course or city, so I can't compare them really :smile:
Kinkerz
Utter *facepalm*.

Pardon?
Reply 14
down-in-albion
Pardon?

I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
Kinkerz
I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Aren't you a pleasant person.
down-in-albion
This time yesterday I was 99% sure I was going to firm Sheff, but after receiving an offer from Leeds this morning (which I really wasn't expecting seeing as my interview wasn't the best...) all that's out of the window!

Anyone firmed either?

Why?

Anyone in the same position or similar, or has been in the past?
:confused:

i know nothing about Sheffield so i can't compare. but if you have any questions about Leeds you can ask me (PM or in here).
Reply 17
down-in-albion
Aren't you a pleasant person.

I tend to think I'm an alright person, to be honest. Just exasperated with people like you.

Edit -

Cheers for the anon. noob neg down-in-albion :yy:
Kinkerz
I tend to think I'm an alright person, to be honest. Just exasperated with people like you.

Edit -

Cheers for the anon. noob neg down-in-albion :yy:

No problem, mate. Just don't understand your problem with 'people like me'. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending