The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mel0n
Like if you started your periods unexpectedly and it went into your knickers

:indiff:
Reply 21
I wash stuff if it's dirty or it smells... hardly ever wash jeans, to be honest the only reason I ever do is to make them tight again because they get loose after a few wears. (Oh and I wear skinnies/straights so they don't drag on the floor!) Probably wear tops a couple of times, unless it was a going out top or gym top, in which case I'll wash after one wear :p:

I tend to get bored of clothes before they wear out lol. But I don't really wear stuff that wears easily anyway, and even if my top's a bit worn I'll be wearing it with nice jeans or whatever so you don't really notice.
Reply 22
Pink Bullets
I wash jeans after 5-10 wears and everything else after one wear, generally.

I change my clothes every day (except jeans, shoes and coats which I'll wear for more than one day in a row).

This.
generalebriety

:dontknow:
How often do you wash your jeans?
Depends on how dirty they are. If I can keep them clean long enough, usually about 3-4 wears, but you're not meant to wash denim that often.

How often do you wash your t shirts/tops?
After 2 days wearing them, except for sports clothes, they get washed either after 2 trips to the gym, or 1 if I have had a heavy session. Tops may not last 2 days wearing before they are covered in baby food/sick, so 2 days is the max.

Or do you wear one day then hang them up for another the wash after so many days wear?
My clothes very rarely get hung up - I have an organised pile on my chair :P

How often do you wear clothes before buying new is there anything you do to keep them looking new?
Nothing I do to keep them looking new and I buy as I need. For example, I have a pair of jeans which have lasted me at least 2 or 3 years, but I had another which only lasted 6 months. I buy new clothes for certain events, but I probably buy clothes for everyday wear twice or three times a year - start of winter, and start of summer and maybe once in between when I need
Reply 25
i usually wash jeans once a week, and i hardly ever wear the same top, hoody, or cardigan more than once without washing it, unless im having a lazy day, then ill wear it twice. :smile: jackets are washed twice a week.
How often do you wash your jeans?
I will wear jeggings or jeans for two or three days, depending on how long I've been out during the day as I change out of them as soon as I get home.

How often do you wash your t shirts/tops? Or do you wear one day then hang them up for another the wash after so many days wear?
Tops get washed after one day of wearing them and dresses after two- but similar thing with jeans that I change out of them while at home.

How often do you wear clothes before buying new is there anything you do to keep them looking new?
I won't throw clothes away unless there's a rip/hole in them and/or they're completely worn out. Even if I just relegate them to clothes to sit round the house in.
Only really turn good jumpers inside out to wash and iron to stop them looking old.
Reply 27
I wash my jeans usually at least once a week. They don't usually get dirty.

As for t-shirts they also get washed at the end of the week, but I put a new one on every single day. People would notice if I didn't.

I'll keep clothes until they fall apart. If they start looking ragged or worn out then I'll just use them as PJs/lay-about clothes.
manic_fuzz
:s-smilie: i was my clothes after wearing them once... (sometimes i wear a hoodie twice or thrice)
except from my coat which i was when i think it needs washing :p:

and i keep my clothes for ages... :biggrin: hate throwing things out, even that dont fit me

you can definitely tell you're not at uni. unless you're loaded, there's no way you're going to be able to afford this level of upkeep! hehe :rolleyes:
Rosamund123
you can definitely tell you're not at uni. unless you're loaded, there's no way you're going to be able to afford this level of upkeep! hehe :rolleyes:

Washing clothes after wearing them once isn't that expensive. :s-smilie:
Reply 30
every 1.5 to 2 weeks!!
Rosamund123

you're completely right :p: only in year 11 :biggrin: i still have a mum and a washing machine in the household :rolleyes:
but i hope i wont be having to wear clothes 3 times in a row at uni :eek:
I wash jeans as often as they need it. I generally wear them for a week or so, a bit longer or a bit less depending on if they get muddy or I spill something on them or something like that.

T-shirts I only wear once before washing because I worry about them smelling otherwise, and they go baggy. Cardigans and hoodies get worn maybe three or four times before washing.

As for keeping your clothes in good condition when you wash them, pay attention to the washing instructions on the labels and separate darks/lights/whites. Anything with a zip, do it up and turn inside out so the zip doesn't catch other things while in the machine. Tops with a print on the front I tend to wash inside out as well, although it's inevitable that most things will fade over time. Use a detergent that's suitable for wool/silk etc. if you're washing those things. Also keep some stain remover handy in case of any emergencies!
Reply 33
once a week for jeans and 1-2 days for others (depends upon summer or winter :biggrin:)
Reply 34
generalebriety

Just saying :dontknow: :o:
My girlfriend washes her clothes once afer each ware, in my opinion this is not excessive and is v.normal for a girl her age

however at the end of each term, she throws away around 70% of her wardrobe and the 30% she keeps are only the stuff she loves. she then buys new clothes to replace the 70% she binned. So most of her clothes are never older than 3 months. Although I do think this is excessive, it keeps her looking hot. I'd hate to think my GF was dressed worse than me.. and her dad pays for her clothes which is fine by me, so i usually encourage it! lol

and yes, thinking about it, she does seem like the type of girl you are trying to emulate (clean clothes as if they were brand new etc.) she's got a pretty hot bf aswel, XD, so do what she does and you should get some type of attention/recognition

EDIT: oh and wash your knickers after each use also!! fish is certainly not everyone's cup of tea.
Jeans usually get washed after 7 or so wears or when they've got a bit loose and I want them to fit nicely again

Tops get washed after a maxmimum of 2 wears. Usually I'll only wear it once cos I've got enough clothes to be able to wear once then wash.

Cardigans etc are 2-3 wears then wash
Reply 37
I wash tops and dresses after wearing them twice. Jeans are washed after about 3-4 wears.
Every day for t-shirts
Jeans every couple of days
& jumpers once a week sometimes less depending on how much i wear it :smile:
i wash my jeans after every two or three times wearing them, which isn't much as i never really wear them anymore..
tops after one day..
party clothes after every use..

Latest