The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
Thanks for the shake up- not being sarcastic. I did scream at my bf today though for no apparent reason. Am also stressed about uni work etc. I am naturally a panicky person. Glad to hear something positive.

Glad it wasn't taken harshly.
How long does it take for periods to get lighter when on the pill, as this is the second month of taking yasmin and I took microgynon for 1 month and it hasn't helped, and has given me more pain :I
Anonymous
How long does it take for periods to get lighter when on the pill, as this is the second month of taking yasmin and I took microgynon for 1 month and it hasn't helped, and has given me more pain :I
You should try a pill for a minimum of 3 months for the side effects to subside and the pill settle into your system. Taking a pill for 4 weeks isn't going to give you an accurate picture of that brand and how it reacts to your body.
I was on it for 3 months, it made my skin clear up, periods were loads lighter etc but i had like.. 0 sex drive at all. Other than that it was fine but what was the point in taking a pill that made me not want sex =S
I guess it affects different people in different ways but i highly doubt you'll bleed for 2 weeks.
Reply 24
Athena

After four pills, I've seen a sudden (and rather miraculous!) improvement in the spots on my back and shoulders. Have you seen any improvement yet?

No I don't think so... But I was not prescribed Yasmin for spots/acne. I do have some spots on my face but they can't be classified as acne I don't think. Taken the 4th pill today! xx
thats weird. . . i started with microgynon n it if anything got rid of spots, made me lose weight but nicely n ive had NO problems so i dont think you can tell by askin other people cos its proper different with each person tbh :s been taking it since 2006 n everythings still good lol
im coming up to the end of my second month on yasmin. my first month was horrible..i felt sick all the time and was sick on 3 separate occasions after taking it ( but over 5 hours after so it still left me protected.) however on my second month of it i've only felt sick on a couple of occasions and havent been sick so i'd definately recommend trying to stick with it for the 3 months if you have any problems as there is hope and your body is likely to adapt to it.
i have put on a little weight i think. my belly seems to have got bigger but im looking into ways to avoid water retention as its more likely to be this then actual fat. boobs have got slightly bigger although nothing drastic.
my mood has seemed to have changed a bit.. get a lot angrier and upset...another thing im hoping will sort itself out because i dont really want to have the fuss of getting used to a different pill again
I've taken yasmin for about 3 years and i get on fine.
I don't think i have put on any weight (well i have gone up a dress size but it can easily be attributed to eating more/university lifestyle), i always have perfect skin, it was pretty good before the pill but its clear minus about 1 spot i get every few months in my hairline or something!
My periods are light and only last about 5 days, i take about 3 days to come on after i've taken my last pill, then they stop after taking my first/2nd one in a new pack.

Yasmin is meant to be a very versatile pill and a nurse told me i could miss about 3 (not in a row) and still be fine, although i wouldn't risk it all the same. Its the most 'expensive' one to take, i dont know why but once i had to go to a family planning clinic as i forgot to take my pills away with me and they were very reluctant to give me a packet (21 days worth) as i was only going to be away for a few days!

All in all i think everyones experience on each pill is different as we are all individuals but don't worry about the negative side effects as you are more likely to unduce them through worry than anything else!
Reply 28
Polly1101
I've taken yasmin for about 3 years and i get on fine.
I don't think i have put on any weight (well i have gone up a dress size but it can easily be attributed to eating more/university lifestyle), i always have perfect skin, it was pretty good before the pill but its clear minus about 1 spot i get every few months in my hairline or something!
My periods are light and only last about 5 days, i take about 3 days to come on after i've taken my last pill, then they stop after taking my first/2nd one in a new pack.

Yasmin is meant to be a very versatile pill and a nurse told me i could miss about 3 (not in a row) and still be fine, although i wouldn't risk it all the same. Its the most 'expensive' one to take, i dont know why but once i had to go to a family planning clinic as i forgot to take my pills away with me and they were very reluctant to give me a packet (21 days worth) as i was only going to be away for a few days!

All in all i think everyones experience on each pill is different as we are all individuals but don't worry about the negative side effects as you are more likely to unduce them through worry than anything else!

Thank you for that, it was very helpful. I have taken my 5th pill today, not feeling anything bad in particular, touch wood... not seen any change really yet. Did your boobs grow? I hear it's meant to do that to people. When abouts did you notice your skin turning glorious? xx
Reply 29
Athena

After four pills, I've seen a sudden (and rather miraculous!) improvement in the spots on my back and shoulders. Have you seen any improvement yet?

Have been on YAsmin for about 10 days now, no skin improvement! May have even worsened a bit! Boobs are a bit sore but nothing too bad... think they have increased in size. Am really waiting for this skin business to clear up! I hear in some people it gets worse before it gets better??

Latest