The Student Room Group

Need some help!

I desperately need some advise.

Basically, I was i my first year when I've decided to transfer to another uni. Went to talk to uni that I wanted they've told me to apply thru UCAS. Did everything and got unconditional. Then I went to my original uni administration an told them that I am transferring. They gave me a form to fill in. I am going to start the new course in September. I went to student finance site and downloaded "change of circumstances" form and fill in everything about my new uni and course and have sent on Thursday. On Friday I have received a letter from my original uni saying that I am officially withdrawn. Now, my question is:
I didn't realize that transferring and withdrawal is the same thing and I didn't put my withdrawal details on "change of circumstances" form and I wonder what should I do now? Also, do i need to repay everything straight away even tho i am transferring to new course in September? I do understand that I will get financed for my new course or something will be effected?
Sorry, I know there are loads of treads about repayments, but they are all confusing and I want to know updates as the ones I've read were dated 2007. I heard a lot have changed.
:eek3:
Thanks.

P.S. I was thinking to send another"change of circumstances" form with the full information, but will it create a problem?
Reply 1
Original post by Argira
I desperately need some advise.

Basically, I was i my first year when I've decided to transfer to another uni. Went to talk to uni that I wanted they've told me to apply thru UCAS. Did everything and got unconditional. Then I went to my original uni administration an told them that I am transferring. They gave me a form to fill in. I am going to start the new course in September. I went to student finance site and downloaded "change of circumstances" form and fill in everything about my new uni and course and have sent on Thursday. On Friday I have received a letter from my original uni saying that I am officially withdrawn. Now, my question is:
I didn't realize that transferring and withdrawal is the same thing and I didn't put my withdrawal details on "change of circumstances" form and I wonder what should I do now? Also, do i need to repay everything straight away even tho i am transferring to new course in September? I do understand that I will get financed for my new course or something will be effected?
Sorry, I know there are loads of treads about repayments, but they are all confusing and I want to know updates as the ones I've read were dated 2007. I heard a lot have changed.
:eek3:
Thanks.

P.S. I was thinking to send another"change of circumstances" form with the full information, but will it create a problem?

May I ask what happened

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending