The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey there guys,
Just wondering how the change in time today will affect when I'm supposed to take my Microgynon pill? I've never had this problem because I only started on it a few months ago!

Thanks! :smile:
Anonymous
Hey there guys,
Just wondering how the change in time today will affect when I'm supposed to take my Microgynon pill? I've never had this problem because I only started on it a few months ago!

Thanks! :smile:

Surely as it's a combined pill you have a window of a few hours anyway? But yeah, if you have to take it at the same time every day (as you would with a progesterone-only pill) you would need to take it one hour later i.e. if you usually take it at 7am you would need to now take it at 8am.
If you want to be OCD about it, then take it an hour later than you normally would (if you take it at 5pm, take it at 6pm from now on).

But it doesn't matter the slightest bit if you're an hour late.
Reply 4
If you want to be very precise, you take it an hour later, but leaving it at the same time will have no harm.
As others have said, taking it an hour different is fine (I've done much much worse!). If you did want to be extra careful though, perhaps change the timing of your pills 15mins every day or something so you get back to your old time. Seriously though, don't stress over an hour!
It shouldn't mess anything up at all though - there's no harm in taking the pill an hour earlier than usual, surely? I mean possibly be worried at the other en of daylight savings time when you'd be taking it an hour later than usual...

Latest