The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED... Choice between UCL, Edinburgh and manchester for MSc

Hi all,

I have recieved offers from below univerisities for my MSc.
UCL - Msc Machine Learning
Edinburgh - MSc informatics
Manchester - MSc Advanced computing
King's CL - MSc Web intelligence
Also recvd offers from Sheffield, York and southampton unis

I am really confused abt which university to choose and I am really inclined towards UCL and manchester, because I liked these courses.

But I have heard lots of good words for edinburgh.. But really want to know for which course I should go? I also need to consider the job prospects after I complete my course..

has anybody has seen UCL's machine learning department? how is its reputation?

Any advise will be really nice...

Please help me.. It will be really great for me..

Thanks..
Abhi
Reply 1
UCL as it has the best job prospects...
oliver5084
UCL as it has the best job prospects...

Wow what a useless post. TC those are all fairly different courses, you should go for the one that most interests you. To be honest, the university is going to be largely irrelevant in terms of job prospects as those courses will geared towards different careers.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot guys.. But is it really the case that univerisity does not matter when the job oppurtunities are considered.. I am interested in doing any of the above courses.. because they are of my interests.
But I want to make sure that the perticular department is having a good reputation and a good name on the international front.. I want my Masters degree to be internationally recognised (especially in US) and I intend to look forward for jobs in US as well.

Thanks a lot again.. any reply will be helpful..
Reply 4
It seems more likely that people in the US will have heard of UCL more than the other two...

Latest

Trending

Trending