The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2). You whinge about med students when really they're not a lot different from you, have to put up with the same crappy system and have quite a lot of respect for what nurses do.
Idiosyncrasy
1). You're already annoyed at medical students

anyone care to assist the enlargment of this list?

That option sounds as though you are just jumping on someone else's bandwagon rather than anything that you have experienced for yourself.
Reply 3
puddlejumper
That option sounds as though you are just jumping on someone else's bandwagon rather than anything that you have experienced for yourself.

Remarkably well put. I fail to see how medical students could possibly manage to annoy perspective nursing students.
Reply 4
terpineol
Remarkably well put. I fail to see how medical students could possibly manage to annoy perspective nursing students.

In my experience, they have been rather derrogatory, seeing nurses as inferior. :smile:
Reply 5
Idiosyncrasy
In my experience, they have been rather derrogatory, seeing nurses as inferior. :smile:

I have two med students friends and i don't believe they see nurses as inferior at all.
Reply 6
emluca123
I have two med students friends and i don't believe they see nurses as inferior at all.

whereas my 4 future med students do :smile:.

I didn't start this thread for a debate you know, it's simply a list for a bit of fun
individual opinion and experiences
Reply 7
hayyleyy
ermmm

2) You read everything you can about the course and browse through these forums

3) You start watching shows like no angels and holby city a little more closely

I do both of those :biggrin:
You're already chosing which fob watch you awnt to get

or is that just me :L
Reply 9
musicmad123
You're already chosing which fob watch you awnt to get

or is that just me :L

And me :biggrin:
Reply 10
Idiosyncrasy

what has that got to do woth applying to nursing. being annoyed with people who have nursing offers already makes more sense but being anoyed with med students is irrelevent to you applying to nursing.
Reply 11
I saw a list of 'You know your a nurse when...' on the door of a nurses' station and many of the posts here were on it. :rofl:
You post bone lists on the internet?
I'm not annoyed at medical students glad I'm not one of them though haha.
I've done an unnecessary amount of research on most of the hospitals i might get a placement at :biggrin: (such a nerd :tongue:)
Reply 14
musicmad123
I'm not annoyed at medical students glad I'm not one of them though haha.
I've done an unnecessary amount of research on most of the hospitals i might get a placement at :biggrin: (such a nerd :tongue:)

:woo:
(glad i'm not the only one)
Reply 15
you start getting every nursing book you see on ebay!
Idiosyncrasy

2) You wish you worked harder at school and got into medicine or dentistry but instead had to settle for nursing...oh SNAP:biggrin:

EDIT: im only joking. I have a tremendous amount of respect for nurses. On most of the wards ive been on they know more than the juniour doctors and without them the docs wouldnt be able to survive! so keep up the good work!
Reply 17
Idiosyncrasy

From the wide ranging experience of a prospective student?? Lol You are remarkably close minded.
Reply 18
Wangers
From the wide ranging experience of a prospective student?? Lol You are remarkably close minded.

I never said my experience was particularly wide, neither is my mind particularly closed, this is simply a fun list like those chain letters you may get stating '101 things to do in an elevator' rather than a thread of debate about whether or not medical students really are as pompus as in my experience.. in which case the thread would be titled so, and in a more appropriate area.. say 'debate and discussion'
Sorry if i've offended you though :smile:

6). You're thinking of getting a coffee mug with the word 'Nurse' printed on it :p:
7) you're really thick and hate yourself.

Latest