The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Zarathustra
Serious Question:
When taking in phone numbers, which should they be? For Cambridge, do I need the number of the admissions office at my college (in which case - where to find it?), and for Durham will it be more appropriate to have the number of the Philosophy department? I know you're not admissions people but any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:

Thanks,

ZarathustraX

You'll need admission tutors at college (you should find the number on the college website . I think the same applies to durham.

MB
musicbloke
You'll need admission tutors at college (you should find the number on the college website . I think the same applies to durham.

MB

But: At cam it'd be the newnham admissions tutor, and at Durham it'd be the philos admissions tutor, right? :confused:

ZarathustraX
Reply 22
Thank you for all this help!
Reply 23
you won't need any durham numbers, ema. the only numbers you'll need are mine and possibly felicity's (but that won't happen)
Zarathustra
But: At cam it'd be the newnham admissions tutor, and at Durham it'd be the philos admissions tutor, right? :confused:

ZarathustraX

I'm pretty sure it will be the college admissions tutor for durham too. I know that's who amy dealt with when she missed her grades last week.

MB
naelse
you won't need any durham numbers, ema. the only numbers you'll need are mine and possibly felicity's (but that won't happen)

Lol. Want me to text you when I know? I'd call...but you'd only laugh at my accent :p:

And, despite your (somewhat unfounded!) confidence, I'm feeling the need to be practical. It keeps a lid on the nerves, you know. :smile: So which number do you think?

ZarathustraX
musicbloke
I'm pretty sure it will be the college admissions tutor for durham too. I know that's who amy dealt with when she missed her grades last week.

MB

But I've never spoken to any college person there or anything - they just automatically accepted me after the philos dept did. And since the phil dept set the offers, surely it's them i need to convince to take me, not just the people over at where I'd be living?!

ZarathustraX
Reply 27
Zara, check the college websites. Stop trying to find the specific phone number you need, take down as many as you think is necisssary (sp, dear lordies... my spelling is falling apart).
Reply 28
French Pikachu
I cant imagine how A levels students feel when reading this thread... i mean i already have my results and just reading this thread stresses me!

Being on TSR alone stresses people out - results EVERYWHERE!!! *and yes I'm still on TSR, yes I know the irony*

And screw Nottingham they keep putting my course on clearing, then TAKING IT OFF again!!!!! :banghead:

Sorry to the topic - anyone knows what number to ring to ask your insurance to release you? In the event of not getting in, I don't wanna go to my insurance.
I can confirm that zarathustra doesn't havce a silly accent *disappointed*

MB
musicbloke
I can confirm that zarathustra doesn't havce a silly accent *disappointed*

MB

Ohhhhh....well if I'd known that you'd be disappointed then I'd have put one on for ya :p:

(Thanks for your help btw :smile:)

Camford: I am on the Newnham site now and can't find ANY phonenumbers!! Perhaps I am just being stupid...:rolleyes:

ZarathustraX
I am so drunk.
xx_ambellina_xx
I am so drunk.

:rolleyes:
Reply 33
Zarathustra
Ohhhhh....well if I'd known that you'd be disappointed then I'd have put one on for ya :p:

(Thanks for your help btw :smile:)

Camford: I am on the Newnham site now and can't find ANY phonenumbers!! Perhaps I am just being stupid...:rolleyes:

ZarathustraX

Contact us? :confused: or something along that line? Or if you know who you should be talking to from Newnham tomorrow, you can search this person from the cam main page... or I think that's the case.
Zarathustra
:rolleyes:

blame coldfish. he's so bad he makes me drink and dance to hakuna matata.
Reply 35
Reply 36
xx_ambellina_xx
blame coldfish. he's so bad he makes me drink and dance to hakuna matata.

This is just one of those moment you say "I wish I was there." init?
Camford
This is just one of those moment you say "I wish I was there." init?

i wish i wasn't. i don't feel well.
Camford

Through being really really thick :redface:

Sorry. And thanks. (You've more than earned your foam now :wink:)

ZarathustraX
Reply 39
I just realised, Newnham doesn't have a master, it has a principal instead. ^o) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending