The Student Room Group

Good Luck Everyone

This is KupoIncarnate officially wishing all soon-to-be-freshers (YES YOU WILL!!) the best of luck for tomorrow. I'll buy you a drink if we meet in Cambridge and happen to reallise that we have met on TSR. A brief calculation tells me that for each of you who gets in the chances of TSR coming up in conversation are 1000 to 1, unless you are a compsci or mathmo when i'll put that down to 10 to 1 ( :p: ), so my money should be fairly safe.

Still, all the best. Now quit worrying, get off TSR and drink just enough to forget about your worries and not enough to put you off getting absolutely off your jubilant little faces tomorrow night. If you applied to Johns just hope you missed your grades after all. Its better that way, trust me.

Ben

Scroll to see replies

Yes, good luck from me too. I know I promised I'd buy a round when people come up. I get the feeling that it'll be quite expensive and I'm a tight-fisted jew, so we're going to spoons. Anyway, I'm sure you'll all do fine.

MB
Reply 2
good luck guys- i will look forward to pouring several pints of foam for ya'll. just ask jacob and dancing baby to show you the way :p:
Reply 3
KupoIncarnate
If you applied to Johns just hope you missed your grades after all. Its better that way, trust me.

And what, go to Imperial instead? :p:
Reply 4
lol little chance for ppl applied to johns end up in oxford :smile:, unless they doing musical scholarship things.

Best of luck to my follow (soon to be) freshers. I am sure we will manage it, after all cambridge thought we are worth it :smile:.
Reply 5
awww it's not fair, i want a day to get all nervous about now, so that when things would go right i could have a great day! Instead I have to go do an erg this evening, hmmpth!
Reply 6
If you find me in Cindy's in a "happy" mood I'll buy you tequilas or sambucas. Get nice and drunk tomorrow in preparation after you get your places confirmed :biggrin:
Reply 7
Tequila! Sambuca! What remarkable taste. :smile:
Reply 8
KupoIncarnate
If you applied to Johns just hope you missed your grades after all. Its better that way, trust me.

Ben

Erm, Johns is a much better college than Selwyn.
Reply 9
Fly.

I think a good 90% of cambridge would be inclined to disagree.
Reply 10
KupoIncarnate
This is KupoIncarnate officially wishing all soon-to-be-freshers (YES YOU WILL!!) the best of luck for tomorrow. I'll buy you a drink if we meet in Cambridge and happen to reallise that we have met on TSR. A brief calculation tells me that for each of you who gets in the chances of TSR coming up in conversation are 1000 to 1, unless you are a compsci or mathmo when i'll put that down to 10 to 1 ( :p: ), so my money should be fairly safe.

Well, seeing as we actually met (it was you, right?) and avoided mentioning it completely (though someone else slurred it at me later at cocktails), I'd guess those odds are about right :wink:
Reply 11
KupoIncarnate

I wished I've gone to a richer college. But, I'd rather go to Oxford than St John's.
Fly.

aargh! no! Selwyn is lovely!

Any soon-to-be-Selwyn-freshers here?
Reply 13
john's is great
the idea that they're all stuck up is v untrue
the 10 or so people i know there are sooo lovely - ben included!
can't wait to go!
Reply 14
scarlet ibis
aargh! no! Selwyn is lovely!

Any soon-to-be-Selwyn-freshers here?

Yeah, Ben and Amy, the TSR Selwyn Dream Team, with occaisional sidekick LordOfThePies and countless other anonymous spectators, soon to be joined by Oran and Ardil and some other person called -mb- who I dont think I have directly spoken to but who is apparently adored and respected around these parts. That sentence was far too long and gramatically attrocious. Bovad like.

SELWYN COLLEGE FOREVER!
Reply 15
KupoIncarnate

They're a bunch of Oxford sympathisers.
so thats free drinks for about a term from you guys!?
Reply 17
i'd prefer selwyn to john's
Reply 18
naelse
i'd prefer selwyn to john's

I'd prefer Newnham to Johns. :p: Sadly I can't go there.
Reply 19
sbailey
I'd prefer Newnham to Johns. :p: Sadly I can't go there.

Well, I prefer John's to Newnham (though obviously I'd still rather be at Oxford), so we cancel each other out :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending