Exeter AAA-AAB
Reply 2
VictoriaH
Oxford AAA
Cambridge A*AA
UCL AAA
Bath AAA
Exeter AAA-AAB

UCL have raised the requirements to include A*AA for Psychology as well now.
Have a browse on the league tables. They won't show you the whole picture, but will give you some sort of idea.

extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php

Moi? I love UCLan for Psychology, and Teesside is a close second, though obviously these are 'ere up north. I really like them because they don't just focus on grades. UCLan has really good psych facilities, like a machine that measures stress levels and text's you when it's finished! :biggrin: And it's got a School of Psychology, not just a department.
Reply 4
I've just had a look on a few league tables, anyone know if Royal Holloway is good? I've never heard of it until today, has it got a good reputation etc?
Canterbury's pretty much as south as you can get and UKC is very well respected for Psych. Offers are about ABB I think.
Reply 6
Well, Sussex has a massive Psych department if that's any help!

OH and entry is usually ABB - AAB, or at least it was when I applied.
Reply 7
VictoriaH
Oxford AAA
Cambridge A*AA
UCL AAA
Bath AAA
Exeter AAA-AAB

Exeter offers seemed to have gone up to just AAA this year, though there's always the odd candidate who gets an AAB offer. Then again, that might not be the case for '11 entry.

Allie_101
I've just had a look on a few league tables, anyone know if Royal Holloway is good? I've never heard of it until today, has it got a good reputation etc?

It's got a strong psychology department I think, but overall university reputation is so-so. Not bad, but not amazing either. Most people, like you, haven't heard of it, but I found the psychology department to be very strong when I visited. Not quite in the heights of somewhere like UCL, which is very strong for psychology (and has the requirements to match), but depending on what sort of grades you're expecting, it might be an option worth considering.

It's a bit of a Marmite university as well, so it's probably best to (like with all other choices) find out more about it before deciding.
Reply 8
Best in south would be Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff, Southampton, Bath.

Why would you want to limit your choices though? there are lots of decent unis in the north as well for psychology - Nottingham, York, St Andrews, Glasgow, Birmingham etc.
Reply 9
Allie_101

Yep it has a good rep, I'm actually trying to transfer there. Other good unis in the south include UCL, Exeter, Southampton, Sussex, Surrey and Essex.

UCL - A*AA..I think
Exeter - AAA-AAB
Southampton, Surrey and Sussex - AAB
Essex - 300 UCAS points including BB at A-level
Reply 10
skotch
Best in south would be Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff, Southampton, Bath.

Why would you want to limit your choices though? there are lots of decent unis in the north as well for psychology - Nottingham, York, St Andrews, Glasgow, Birmingham etc.

It's just a preference, i'd like to go somewhere far away from where i am now (the north) and i prefer the south in general, and if im gonna live there for like 3 years i wanna like it! :biggrin:
Reply 11
I'm predicted like AAB, so all the good ones seem out if reach =/
Allie_101
I'm predicted like AAB, so all the good ones seem out if reach =/

Selective reading much?

"Exeter AAA-AAB"
"Southampton, Surrey and Sussex - AAB
Essex - 300 UCAS points including BB at A-level"
"Canterbury's pretty much as south as you can get and UKC is very well respected for Psych. Offers are about ABB I think."

Don't go exclusively by league tables/prestige of the university, or even what their offer is.
Reply 13
skotch

you can have my place, total pile of ****. not that im bitter cause they kicked me out or anything... bastards...:dry:
Reply 14
kellybee
you can have my place, total pile of ****. not that im bitter cause they kicked me out or anything... bastards...:dry:

Attending lectures and doing work tends to help, I find.
Reply 15
Goldsmiths woop (ABB)
Reply 16
hedfunk
Attending lectures and doing work tends to help, I find.

I could have been kicked out for organising a mass orgy in the exam hall for all you know... :cool:
Reply 17
kellybee
I could have been kicked out for organising a mass orgy in the exam hall for all you know... :cool:

Either way, you have to really try hard to get kicked out.
Reply 18
kellybee

How did you get kicked out?
Reply 19
skotch
How did you get kicked out?

Alas, Bristol nightlife got the better of me.
And apparently telling the progress report commitee where they can shove their degree just isnt the done thing. :no:

Latest