The Student Room Group

What's the One Thing they don't tell you to pack...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlotte-rose
My list:
1. A spare mobile phone is a Godsend. Take it out when you go out, and if you lose it it doesn't matter too much. Also very handy for having people ask for your number and you never intending to call them :rolleyes:
2. Random bits of string, blue-tack, scissors, a marker pen etc. Amazing how these come in useful for last-minute fancy dress. Breezers box + scissors + hole punch + string + marker = superhero mask.
3. As previously said, medicine. You will not want to walk to nearest shop to get Lemsip when you need it :p:
4. Masking tape. For the time you get bored and will find it funny to tape over the entrace to someone's room in many layers, trapping them from the inside.

I've just bought a cheap £10 phone for nights out! :biggrin:
Reply 221
Bring some cough mixture/pain killers, really wish I had done -_-
Reply 222
Just a quick question, how many people take a PC over and how do you take everything? My laptop is not worth taking IMO as Its really old and slow and plus my PC is my only form of entertainment atm
Reply 223
I am planning to take a desktop PC (amongst other things), I think i'll pack everything that isn't the main tower away and just take the tower in the car with me (worried about components becoming loose etc).
Reply 224
Original post by Tom B.
I am planning to take a desktop PC (amongst other things), I think i'll pack everything that isn't the main tower away and just take the tower in the car with me (worried about components becoming loose etc).

thing is we dont have a car and I'm thinking the only way to take everything is to get a small van or something for the day :redface:
A 'big dish' i.e. bigger than just for eating cereal/soup etc, for if you fancy making a jelly or something, so you don't have to fill your fridge with all your little dishes and a jug...

Plasters, for if your flatmates keep accidentally cutting their feet and putting blood on the carpet...

Enough pins for your huge noticeboard

A cushion for your oddly uncomfy desk chair! Also useful when carrying a cushion back to uni with you after visiting your grandma and sitting on the farmfoods bag containing the cushion when some ponce turfs you out of a seat cos they're rich enough to have reserved it!
Reply 226
Duct Tape.
more money :frown: cant go to the gym and cant go out :frown: gets lonely uno
Reply 228
Original post by senator88
I'm not there yet but, a pack of cards :biggrin:

OMG that is it!! A pack of cards is great for pre drinking games and ring of fire.
I seem to have forgotten my shaver adapter which was kinda stupid. So yeah, a shaver plug adapter!
Reply 230
Original post by PeoplesChampion
I seem to have forgotten my shaver adapter which was kinda stupid. So yeah, a shaver plug adapter!

push a screwdriver into the TOP of the three pins of a 3 pin uk socket. them just push the 2 pin shaving plug into the bottom 2 reall hard

allways works :biggrin: and the top pin has no electricity in it lol

- by pushing the top pin in it allows something to enter the other 2 lol

Original post by Pi!
My sister's leaving for uni in September and for her birthday in August I'm filling up a shoebox with nice, useful things for uni like sweets, pens, sellotape, a doorstop and some other stuff. This thread is helpful.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing for a friend of mine who will be going off to uni next year! :biggrin:
*subscribes*
Original post by foxyamy
Earplugs in case your next door flatmate:

a) has sex at all hours of day and night
b) plays the same depressing radiohead song over and over again on full volume until you're convinced they're using it to mask the sounds of the knife on their wrists

I'm pretty sure one of people types of people will be me, most probably b)...
Reply 234
Flip flops to wear in the shower.
Reply 235
Top tip: there is no need to bring washing up liquid. Everyone on my corridor brought washing up liquid, and now we have 8 different varieties for 8 of us. People laugh when they come into our kitchen :teehee:
Original post by kerily
Top tip: there is no need to bring washing up liquid. Everyone on my corridor brought washing up liquid, and now we have 8 different varieties for 8 of us. People laugh when they come into our kitchen :teehee:

In our kitchen, people didn't bring washing up liquid so a couple of the people who did hid theirs so that the ones who didn't couldn't just use the stuff that was there without paying for their own =| you never know who you'll be sharing with - better to be safe than sorry :L
Original post by kerily

Ah this was the case with us too:p:D, there were 14 of us and a load of washing up liquid! It was quite funny actually. When they all ran out it wasnt the same, and it was a pain running out of washing up liquid with none spare. So i'd say still bring it, but if there are a few out put yours away till its needed, thats if you dont mind sharing :biggrin:.
Original post by kerily

We all forgot to bring some, so there's a constant shortage in our flat. :tongue:
Can openers, cake tins (there'll always be a time someone wants to bake!), doorstops - though you might end up hiding them if the kitchen door is propped open, and you get woken up every night by people having a 3am curry following a night out :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending