The Student Room Group
Reply 1
cardiff is the best number 1 in uk for optom need 3a's though
Reply 2
What makes Cardiff the best compared to the others? And do you know how good the social side also is at Cardiff because obviously I have to take that into consideration as well?? Thanks.
Reply 3
I've heard from lots of optoms that Aston is the best..
Aston is well rated but not a very nice place to live, though I suppose you could live somewhere more pleasant and commute in. Personally I'd choose Cardiff or Manchester.
Which one do you like the most? All optometry courses are regulated by the GOC, so they're all of equal standard; don't forget, you also have the pre-reg year that becomes the qualifier for jobs. You want to get a good degree to get a pre-reg position, and you're more likely to do that in a place where you're happy over a place that someone on TSR said had the best reputation.

There's a lot of us optoms over on this board (this message'll probably get moved there before too long), and there's a 2010 applicants thread here - come by and have a chat, we're all friendly. :smile:
Reply 6
btw aston is gud for optom dont get me wrong as well as for pharmacy as well but u knw
Reply 7
But manchester has a great social life and is a big red brick but i think u need 3a's nw
Reply 8
hqstudent
What makes Cardiff the best compared to the others? And do you know how good the social side also is at Cardiff because obviously I have to take that into consideration as well?? Thanks.

Cardiff get lots of money from research (including students' research too) and it has some pretty impressive facilities. And Cardiff is a great night out, I've had a good few nights out there and the shopping is really good, especially since they've opened the Saint David's II shopping centre :smile:

xxx

Latest