The Student Room Group

Weird Question on all saints job application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
linkdapink
What about saying something completely different like "I'd have to style the outfit based on the customers look, everyone is an individual blah blah blah"

I wrote something akin to that in answer to some of the other questions, there were like three or four questions I had to answer in total.
bete noire
Yeah, not that I don't totally appreciate your help here, Blanche, but don't get too patronising though, I can think for myself, and I've been to job interviews before. I'm not going to copy what you've written verbatim, I'm not a moron.

I could dress a mannequin, and at least in my opinion opinion, myself, quite well, I just couldn't put it in to words on paper or an application My interest in fashion is more of a knowing looks I dig, what I like, where to buy it from and how to put things together kind of deal, as opposed to any of that technical Spring Line, Autumn Line, Catwalk and Tailoring mumbo jumbo.

No need to be rude, if you are so great at thinking for yourself why bother asking for help. Next time I won't give any input because it's not worth the unpleasant response.
Reply 22
NatalieMT
No need to be rude, if you are so great at thinking for yourself why bother asking for help. Next time I won't give any input because it's not worth the unpleasant response.

You were just being very patronising, I wasn't trying to be rude.
I don't know much about All Saints clothes, but regarding to the second part about actually selling them the outfit...things I'd say I'd do...
- Compliment their figure and say the outfit is perfect for them.
- Mentions of celebrity style 'Oooh, I saw Cheryl Cole wearing a top like that the other day' kinda thing
- Offer them assistance finding accessories to go with it, and generally assist them in the smooth putting together of an outfit.
I'd laugh if the boss saw this if you got a job.. it would never happen but would be hilarious!!!
Reply 25
How many stupid people that are posting that he doesn't deserve a job cause he's asking for help.. Wow. Real pathetic.
hey mate, i was applying to the store as well and came across the same questions. firstly did you get the job? whats the process after you hand in the app form? also when asked about what inspires you, did you answer generally or what in fashion inspires you? any help will do!
cheers
I have an interview later to be a stylist at all saints and I was just wondering what to expect? I'm really nervous 😁
Original post by Courtneywalliss
I have an interview later to be a stylist at all saints and I was just wondering what to expect? I'm really nervous 😁

how did your interview go and did you get the job? if so, what did they ask and how did you answer?

also what did you wear, I have an interview tomorrow!
Original post by Twinklex0
how did your interview go and did you get the job? if so, what did they ask and how did you answer?

also what did you wear, I have an interview tomorrow!

Same. Mind telling me what you ended up wearing, and how they took it? What was everyone else wearing when you went?

Quick Reply

Latest