The Student Room Group

Any way to take higher economics NOT at school?

Hi peeps, okay here the question and situation: I want to do higher/ adv higher economics but my (crap)school does not offer it. Can i study it at my own time somewhere, someplace, kinda open learning and sit the exam somewhere else/ at school? I really want to take it because it kinda looks like a breeze and i'm going to do something related to do with finance and economics at university

PS: Do you think i'll be allowed to take adv higher english despite the timetable basically about to be set in stone?
A college nearby might do it.
You could just get a study guide and learn it :P:
And you could sit the exam at home, not sure how you'd do it but you can, as i know a few people who did 5 highers and a 6th at home
GingerGoat
And you could sit the exam at home, not sure how you'd do it but you can, as i know a few people who did 5 highers and a 6th at home

Exams, NABs etc must be sat at a registered exam centre.
Reply 3
A Large Town In France
Exams, NABs etc must be sat at a registered exam centre.

Not quite, i believe that they simply need to be entered through a registered exam centre so if you can find an organisation which affiliated with one you could do it through them. The exam that is, you could do all the work and so on which is not externally assessed at home.
Reply 4
CAN ANYONE HELP ME i failed my modern studies nab therefore i cant sit the exam at skool but is there anyplace that i can sit the exam this year ANY HELP WOULD BE OF USE
roar558
Not quite, i believe that they simply need to be entered through a registered exam centre so if you can find an organisation which affiliated with one you could do it through them. The exam that is, you could do all the work and so on which is not externally assessed at home.

I think either I'm misunderstanding you, or we agree. :smile:
Reply 6
I mean that the exam can be sat outside the actual centre ie the school as long as the group providing the service is registered to the centre.

Latest

Trending

Trending