The Student Room Group

Remark?

Hi, in my AQA unit 3 Law exam I got 74/100 UMS (52/80 raw marks). There are a few reasons I'm thinking of having the paper remarked:

1. My friend, who did the same question as me, got 100% last year but a lower grade than me - seeing as all the papers are marked by the same person, if hers was marked wrongly, then it's quite likely that mine has been marked wrongly as well.

2. Got my photocopied script back, got 19/25 for part a, 15/25 for part b and 14/25 for part c (if you're wondering where the other 4 marks came from, got 4/5 for quality of written communication) - the lowest mark is interesting as that was for the evaluation, which I thought I had done the best on. I've compared my evaluation to that of the textbook, and it's pretty much the same, so I don't understand how I could have been given such a low mark.

3. My college aren't happy with the results everyone got for that exam - only 4 people in the year got an A, way below the normal amount. Some people's papers are being sent off by the college to be remarked for free, and I enquired about this but as mine isn't one that is "definitely" wrong, they won't send mine off and so I would have to pay £40 to have mine remarked.

4. I've got 239/300 UMS at the moment, which is 1 UMS off an A for the first 3 papers (got 88 for unit 1 and 77 for unit 2), so I would need 81 on unit 4 to get an A overall - if my paper goes up by a few marks and my UMS improves by about 5 or so, then it will obviously be a bit easier for me to get my overall A as I won't need as much UMS on the next paper.

To anyone who is wondering why I don't just resit the paper - unit 3 was hard, all of us law students hated it as we did contract :frown: . Plus, I will already have 9 exams in June inc. 2 resits for Maths, so another resit will just put too much pressure on me and stress me out.

Hope anyone can help.

Latest