The Student Room Group

LSE vs WARWICK - sociology + general

Hiya people

Just wondering you opinion on which one would be sought after by employers. Also if anyone is studying in the respective departments any opinions would be helpful.

I've got offers to study at both this year, but im finding the decision really difficult to make. :woo:. In terms of league tables sociology is a mixed bag, with the Times and Guardian tables varying wildly. Warwick seems to be consistently higher however, but i've heard some great things about the LSE department.

In terms of employment prospects i know sociology isn't the most sought after by a long shot, hence i want the best possible chance. I was thinking of maybe doing training for another job after the degree like law.

Another thing is that the course requirements are so low (All BBB). I have a chance of maybe achieving AAA at my A levels, and was thinking i could do something more challenging, despite being really set on sociology.

Seeing them both this month, but some preliminary advise would be awesome.

Soz to babble on abit :rolleyes:

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
LSE has the highest employment rates (99% graduate with a job) as well as the highest starting salaries..

But, see which course you prefer :tongue:
Reply 2
They're pretty equal. LSE has got more rep amongst the ordinary people, but the employers usually view them equally. Having said that, being in London might give you an advantage in terms of seeking for an employer.

Latest

Trending

Trending