Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

D&D Theology's "Ask About Hinduism" Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    Didn't I just address this? :confused:
    You just said Lord Krishna is an avatar (I presume this means incarnation?) of Lord Vishnu, but I am pretty sure I was told the opposite.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    You just said Lord Krishna is an avatar (I presume this means incarnation?) of Lord Vishnu, but I am pretty sure I was told the opposite.
    No no, Lord Krishna is an avatar/incarnation of Lord Vishnu. They are the same, it's just that Krishna was on Earth hence he is the incarnation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Avatar is incarnation. Lord Krishna is Lord Vishnu's avatar.

See this site for the avatars and further information: http://www.hindunet.org/avatars/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    No no, Lord Krishna is an avatar/incarnation of Lord Vishnu. They are the same, it's just that Krishna was on Earth hence he is the incarnation.
    Ahh, ok. Does it explicitly say in the religious book that Lord Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, or does one just assume that Lord Krishna was the incarnation as he existed on Earth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, ok. Does it explicitly say in the religious book that Lord Krishna is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, or does one just assume that Lord Krishna was the incarnation as he existed on Earth.
    Well...remember as I said that in an absolute sense Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Brahma etc are all One. I think it states in the Vishnu Purana and the Srimad Bhagavatam that Krishna is an incarnation of Vishnu but I don't distinguish between Vishnu and Shiva in the ultimate sense. Vishnu is seen as the preserver, so in that sense Krishna came to preserve Dharma and can be said to be an incarnation of Vishnu. There are these slokas in the Gita:

"Of the Adityas I am Visnu, of lights I am the radiant sun..." Bhagavad Gita, 10.21

"Of all the Rudras I am Lord Siva; of the Yaksas and Raksasas I am the Lord of wealth [Kuvera]; of the Vasus I am fire [Agni], and of mountains I am Meru." BG, 10.23
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    whats the monkey gods name?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BSJ)
    whats the monkey gods name?
    Hanumanji.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    Hanumanji.
    You seem to know alot about Hinduism Suave?

Are you part of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh or Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    You seem to know alot about Hinduism Suave?

Are you part of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh or Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh?
    I am part of the HSS yes. You know them?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    I am part of the HSS yes. You know them?

I am part of HSS aswell LOL, What Nagar you from, where is your Shakha located? How old are you btw?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    You'll find that those Hindus don't understand a) the Vedas and b) the science of "idol worship".
    And you do? - Lets see a verse stating that idol worship is encouraged.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol I went to Shakha once.

I'm an agnostic now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am part of HSS aswell LOL, What Nagar you from, where is your Shakha located? How old are you btw?
    Nice, I'm from South Harrow Shakti Shakha but seeing as I go to uni in Bristol I don't go often anymore. I'm 20, you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    And you do? - Lets see a verse stating that idol worship is encouraged.
    Yes I do. The burden of proof rests on you seeing as you made the claim, "The Vedas say not to worship idols". You show me that and you explain how it contradicts "idol worship" then we can talk.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    Yes I do. The burden of proof rests on you seeing as you made the claim, "The Vedas say not to worship idols". You show me that and you explain how it contradicts "idol worship" then we can talk.
    You're a member of the RSS, that says it all... :devil:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're a member of the RSS, that says it all... :devil:
    You're becoming more confused as time passes it seems. I'm a member of the HSS but what that has to do with you I have no idea.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    Nice, I'm from South Harrow Shakti Shakha but seeing as I go to uni in Bristol I don't go often anymore. I'm 20, you?
    Im from Ashton-under-Lyne, Ashton Arjun Shakha, The 10-day SSV camp for Sangh is near our Shakha this year we have the privilage of hosting it , if you have ever heard off it lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suave)
    You're becoming more confused as time passes it seems. I'm a member of the HSS but what that has to do with you I have no idea.
    Same thing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Same thing.
    Whats wrong with HSS, I just go there to learn about my culture and play games and my friends go Lol?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with HSS, I just go there to learn about my culture and play games and my friends go Lol?
    Gora Sikha Ho! Hum Hindu Hai! - What does that mean?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.