The Student Room Group

Universities for Computer Science

Hey, I am currently in year 12 and am looking to study Computer Science at University. I would be looking to get about ABB or possibly AAB by the end of year 13. I take Maths, Computing, Economics and Physics at the moment. I am likely to drop Physics for year 13.

I have been looking at the following Universities:
Southampton
Surrey
Loughborough
Warwrick
Essex
Sussex

I'm interested about what I can expect in the courses. I understand that this degree is a bit more technical than some of the other computing degrees. If anyone goes to these universities and does this course or could please offer me some advice about where to apply and what choices to make about "sandwhich" courses etc would be much appreciated.

Again, thanks :smile:
Dunno anything about them, but have you thought of Abertay? They are really famous for Computer Science, and there is loads of oppertunities to get involved in Gameing projects. Might be worth a look.

And if you want a Computing related challenge, I have a very long and broken piece of code in the Computing forum that needs unbreaking...hint hint.help.
Reply 2
Fang_RedDragon
Dunno anything about them, but have you thought of Abertay? They are really famous for Computer Science, and there is loads of oppertunities to get involved in Gameing projects. Might be worth a look.

And if you want a Computing related challenge, I have a very long and broken piece of code in the Computing forum that needs unbreaking...hint hint.help.

Off topic, but yeah okay :p: Where can I find this code?
Top uni's for Computer Science in no particular order : Imperial (A*AA), Cambridge (A*AA), Southampton (AAA), Imperial (A*AA), Warwick (AAB), UCL (AAA-AAB), York, Edinburgh, Bristol (AAB)... and a few more I forgot.
Reply 4
polar_wrath11
Top uni's for Computer Science in no particular order : Imperial (A*AA), Cambridge (A*AA), Southampton (AAA), Imperial (A*AA), Warwick (AAB), UCL (AAA-AAB), York, Edinburgh, Bristol (AAB)... and a few more I forgot.

You listed Imperial twice :biggrin:
Reply 5
AlexHutson1
Hey, I am currently in year 12 and am looking to study Computer Science at University. I would be looking to get about ABB or possibly AAB by the end of year 13. I take Maths, Computing, Economics and Physics at the moment. I am likely to drop Physics for year 13.

I have been looking at the following Universities:
Southampton
Surrey
Loughborough
Warwrick
Essex
Sussex

I'm interested about what I can expect in the courses. I understand that this degree is a bit more technical than some of the other computing degrees. If anyone goes to these universities and does this course or could please offer me some advice about where to apply and what choices to make about "sandwhich" courses etc would be much appreciated.

Again, thanks :smile:

If i was you i would have a look at Sheffield :smile: I Applied to Southampton, Surrey, Loughbrough and Sheffield. I Missed the grades to get into Southampton but i got in to Sheffield. If you are looking at Sheffield take a good look at the Software Hut :smile: Basically combines a year in experience with your masters.

I much prefered Sheffield to Loughbrough and Surrey, although i must say i would have liked to go to Southampton.
Reply 6
Conorrr
If i was you i would have a look at Sheffield :smile: I Applied to Southampton, Surrey, Loughbrough and Sheffield. I Missed the grades to get into Southampton but i got in to Sheffield. If you are looking at Sheffield take a good look at the Software Hut :smile: Basically combines a year in experience with your masters.

I much prefered Sheffield to Loughbrough and Surrey, although i must say i would have liked to go to Southampton.

Thanks a bunch, I will be sure to check this out! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending