The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i dont know what the cutoff date is but if you have missed it I think you will have to pay to change tier. THats what happened when i changed mine last year (1 month away from exam)
Reply 2
thanks. any idea when the cutoff date usually is...there are still about 10 weeks left before my exam
Reply 3
i am sorry i have no idea, you will have to ask your school
Reply 4
A girl in my school changed hers 2 weeks before the exam. I don't know whether there was an additional fee but she didn't have to pay anything herself so if there was the school must have paid it. If there is one I don't know if the school pays it in all cases, as the teacher concerned in this case was one of the more understanding ones. I'd imagine you won't be allowed/might have to pay if the teacher doesn't really support to the change. This was a change from higher to foundation and the teacher didn't want to put the student through higher because she said she'd rather come out with a high C on foundation than risk getting a D on higher. You might have more of a problem if you're trying to change from foundation to higher.
Depends on the subject. Edexcel languages can be changed on the day as you are for both!
The cut off date we were told was between february half-term easter. Probably depends on the exam board, subject and school.

Do you want to change up or down? By now, it will probably only happen if you kick up a fuss so decide whether it is worth it.

Latest