The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
"That shouldn't be a problem - just change it and attach a photocopy of your results slip showing the UMS marks and/or a letter from your head of year explaining what has happened and what your grade should be."

That's great to know - Thanks PQ :smile:

I won't be able to get a letter from my year head until Wednesday, but I guess I probably won't recieve the CEF until tomorrow.

Ah, a photocopy of my results slip... The only thing I'm worried about sending that is because the coursework ark is on a slip with my name spelt incorrectly.

Yes, i'm aware I worry to much about such things... to be honest, I haven't really slept since results day because of all this O_o ... I just want to sort things out and know I definately have a uni place at Notts.
Reply 41
I phoned up UCAS and they said I should get my clearing stuff tomorow - and as for the X grade - to do exactly what PQ said :P (amend and attach a photocopy of my results) - and not to worry about the spelling mistake on my name.

Soon enough I can (hopefully) stop worrying about my uni place, and move onto other things... like worrying about student finance forms *eek*
Reply 42
Jenna_04
I phoned up UCAS and they said I should get my clearing stuff tomorow - and as for the X grade - to do exactly what PQ said :P (amend and attach a photocopy of my results) - and not to worry about the spelling mistake on my name.

Soon enough I can (hopefully) stop worrying about my uni place, and move onto other things... like worrying about student finance forms *eek*

awww lol, sounds so much like me lol when u worry about one thing and its over, there is always more to worry about hehe.. dont worry so much :P, student finance forms are crazy though but the good thing is that they come really bad just for the first year cos they wanna know everything bout you then its just easy after that lol
Reply 43
"awww lol, sounds so much like me lol when u worry about one thing and its over, there is always more to worry about hehe.. dont worry so much :P, student finance forms are crazy though but the good thing is that they come really bad just for the first year cos they wanna know everything bout you then its just easy after that lol"

lol! I really can't help it!

My clearing form didn't arrive today :frown: - UCAS said it would. However, I went on the UCAS website and now I have a CEF number.

I'm confused what to do.
Reply 44
"Contact Nottingham and tell them your CEF number - they may be able to accept you through clearing electronically without the hard copy CEF:smile:"

Wow, that's great to know :biggrin: - I shall try doing that shortly!
Reply 45
yeah i agree with PQ thats the most credible option and it should work..
Reply 46
Right, in the end I didn't phone the university, because I thought there may still be problems with my X grade.

I recieved my CEF this morning - surprise, surprise... no psychology grade. So I wrote it on, included photocopies of the results slips, and wrote a covering letterexplaining it.

And I've just got back from the university :smile: ... the admissions people say that wwhat I provided should be sufficient.

Now all I have to do is wait for a response! I hope they accept me... seeing the gorgeous university campus again has made me more determined not to take no for an answer!
Reply 47
Jenna_04
Right, in the end I didn't phone the university, because I thought there may still be problems with my X grade.

I recieved my CEF this morning - surprise, surprise... no psychology grade. So I wrote it on, included photocopies of the results slips, and wrote a covering letterexplaining it.

And I've just got back from the university :smile: ... the admissions people say that wwhat I provided should be sufficient.

Now all I have to do is wait for a response! I hope they accept me... seeing the gorgeous university campus again has made me more determined not to take no for an answer!

Wish you luck again :smile: and ur determination is awesome!! keep it up, you will need that exact same determination when working at uni :smile: x
Reply 48
hey hey Jeena u abandoned us in suspense lol!! what happened? good news?!?
Reply 49
"hey hey Jeena u abandoned us in suspense lol!! what happened? good news?!?"

Sorry about that!

Turns out that what I sent them wasn't sufficient :frown: .. they wanted confirmation from my school that I'd got a C (odd, since school sould say whatever they want). So I got my HOS to do that, and they said that it was all ok, and they'd accept that as my grade.

I'm now still waiting to find out if I have a clearing place ... I will post when i find out :smile:
Reply 50
o ok then.. good luck still :smile:
Reply 51
Thanks for all the the luck you kept sending me dimexi.... it must have paid off!

NOTTINGHAM ACCEPTED ME! I'M IN! YAY! :biggrin:

(It updated on my clearing tracker).

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and kept my spirits up!
Reply 52
Jenna_04
Thanks for all the the luck you kept sending me dimexi.... it must have paid off!

well done! i''m so glad you kept going with it all (i think i would ahve banged my head against a wall by now)... now you can go out and celebrate!

lou xxx
Reply 53
Jenna_04

yaaaaaay! welldone!! thats excellent news for you :smile: hehe now u can stop worrying till u get to uni hehe :smile: have fun n take care xxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending