The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Older kids? xD

Okay i've just accepted my offer for MMU. Im studying Film and Media Studies :smile:
Im also going to be 22 in October so im a wee bit older than the college leavers out there (not that I have a problem with you!), I went to UoM last year but I didnt like it and I didnt make many older friends so im hoping MMU is gonna work out better!
Im looking for anyone older people who are going to MMU this september? Like what are you studying? Where are you hoping to stay?

I love Manchester, I cant wait to go back!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll be 20 in october, but im not sure if thats considered old hah.

Studing marketing management, hoping to stay at Mill point because its close to the business school and city centre
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'll be 24 when I start my law course, I wouldn't worry too much!

I was a little worried intially about the age thing, I'm not going to let it bother me though.
Ill be 27 when I start my LLB in October! :smile:
I'm 22 already and will be moving on from a Foundation Year to first year this September. There are a few of us around!
Reply 5
explodingknees
I'm 22 already and will be moving on from a Foundation Year to first year this September. There are a few of us around!

How did you find the Foundation Year if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 6
yey :smile: just checking to make sure theres some of us out there xD
fkos
How did you find the Foundation Year if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

It's been pretty good, a nice way to ease back into studying full-time.
The material covered in a lot of my units was pretty trivial due to having done pretty much all of it of it when I was younger.

It's not a particularly challenging year, although your mileage may vary - especially if you're fresh out of college.
Reply 8
Hey, Well i'll be 21 in september. I'm going to be doing an Hospitality Degree so i yeah i suppose there is a few so called older chaps around.
:laugh:
Reply 9
Hi, I'm 25 and will be studying physiotherapy.
crazycat
Okay i've just accepted my offer for MMU. Im studying Film and Media Studies :smile:
Im also going to be 22 in October so im a wee bit older than the college leavers out there (not that I have a problem with you!), I went to UoM last year but I didnt like it and I didnt make many older friends so im hoping MMU is gonna work out better!
Im looking for anyone older people who are going to MMU this september? Like what are you studying? Where are you hoping to stay?

I love Manchester, I cant wait to go back!

Well i guess i beat everyone thus far on this thread in terms of a wee bit older as im 31 (dont look it so im frequently told) will be 32 4 mths into starting at MMU this September .. ill be at Hollings Campus doing Events Management and hopefully be in Wilmslow Park Halls :smile:
Nearly 22, studying Politics
Reply 12
im 31 and doin 4 year sandwich in product design
Reply 13
im 31 and doin 4 year sandwich in product design
Reply 14
i will have just turned 23 in spetember when i start i have had a couple of years just working after i finished a sports course in college but i am doing a foundation year at mmu as i am doing something completley new in philosophy i am glad to see this is on here because i was worried that there wouldn't be many other people around that are older then the students coming straight from college/6th form
Reply 15
I turned 22 yesterday! Im doin product design technology and stayin in cavendish! woohoo!!
I'm 23!

Starting in September, Microbiology, Cambridge Halls :biggrin:. Psyched.
Reply 17
I'm 20 and doing a philosophy foundation and staying at Broomhurst.
going to be 22 when i start my course, International business staying at mill point.
Reply 19
I'm 20 (21 in December),have just finished a Foundation year and will be starting my degree in Psychology at MMU. I'll be living at Student Village room C344; call in for a drink!

Latest

Trending

Trending