The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i hate geography and got an A...how flukey is that?:eek::eek: - is like a dream come true, lol
Reply 21
got a B, really pleased at first but then got abit pissed off when i realised it was 479/600, 1 ums from an A!! how annoying! but still pleased!
A at AS. Now trying to make a plan for an A2 essay question about glaciation
Reply 23
I found the Edexcel AS quite challenging, and I didn't do much revision yet got 94/100 and 90/100, with 100/100 in the coursework, so ended up with 284/300. I'm chuffed. yet annoyed as i'm giving it up, and wished that had been my history mark instead.
Reply 24
Sami C
I found the Edexcel AS quite challenging, and I didn't do much revision yet got 94/100 and 90/100, with 100/100 in the coursework, so ended up with 284/300. I'm chuffed. yet annoyed as i'm giving it up, and wished that had been my history mark instead.

A2 geog is crap...good idea to give it up! its all essays and i hated it! Why did i get neg rep for that post saying i got an A in geog:eek: Jealousy is rife :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Phil23
A2 geog is crap...good idea to give it up! its all essays and i hated it! Why did i get neg rep for that post saying i got an A in geog:eek: Jealousy is rife :rolleyes:

are u still here?

jeez, change ur tune, its boring.
Reply 26
I got an A somehow! I was on a B last year but after resitting both AS exam units and somehow pulling off enough marks this year, i got the A overall. Thanks for the help from everyone, particularly with weather and south downs stuff! Off to Royal Holloway to do Media in September.
:biggrin: congrats to you all:biggrin:
Reply 28
Sam_B
are u still here?

jeez, change ur tune, its boring.

i'll try; trying to improve my bad image...hard when this is how most of the people from my school talked (its a bad habit:frown:)
I hate Geography. I had 2 teachers at the beginning of the year but one left and he didn't teach; just wrote stuff out of the book and the other never taught either, and talked about trips we were never going to go on every lesson.
I also had a panic attack in the exam (definitely didn't get special consideration or anything because I didn't have a doctor's note and I figured I was doomed to failure anyway) and missed about 20 minutes of it and was freaking out for the rest of it... yet somehow I managed to get an A.
It wasn't that great an A because my coursework was rubbish since my teacher wouldn't help, but I did alright and I suppose I would be foolish to drop it now (I've only done AS).. but anyway, I got 64/100 on the coursework, 81/100 on the physical and 97/100 on the human paper. Very pleased.
Reply 30
I got:

Unit 1 - 96/100 (The first AS exam I ever took!)
Unit 2 - 100/100
Unit 3 - 99/100 (dam!)

Unit 4 - 90/90
Unit 5 - 90/90 (only 30min revision! - excellent.....)
Unit 6 - 103/120 (run out of time :frown: )

So....578/600 - A :biggrin:
yelwalkietalkie
I hate Geography. I had 2 teachers at the beginning of the year but one left and he didn't teach; just wrote stuff out of the book and the other never taught either, and talked about trips we were never going to go on every lesson.
I also had a panic attack in the exam (definitely didn't get special consideration or anything because I didn't have a doctor's note and I figured I was doomed to failure anyway) and missed about 20 minutes of it and was freaking out for the rest of it... yet somehow I managed to get an A.
It wasn't that great an A because my coursework was rubbish since my teacher wouldn't help, but I did alright and I suppose I would be foolish to drop it now (I've only done AS).. but anyway, I got 64/100 on the coursework, 81/100 on the physical and 97/100 on the human paper. Very pleased.

Happened to me at A2. I've had one teacher who has made my life difficult for 2 years and made me really unwell. I missed so much school. My good teacher from last year left and the replacement was awful and didn't actually bother teaching us. So i missed out hugely on physical geog. I took an extra AS this year for fun / challenge and they picked on me because of it. Anyway, I was right in the end.

I got 80/90 on my hazards exam
120/120 on my South Downs Synoptic

and 290/300 in my AS Politics

If only I'd been taught Unit 4 (Global Futures?) I could have got an A I was 17 marks off and just getting a B could have got me there

Still, I think it's pretty impressive for a student who was told they'd fail for 2 years and hadn't got a hope.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Thanks to everyone who has posted on the Geography papges, especially on the South Downs. You guys are the best! Extra thanks go out to Geogger for all the help we all got!!!! :tsr:
Reply 32
I also got an A at AS for Edexcel A -

unit 1 - 78/90
unit 2 - 85/90
unit 3 (exam) - 81/120 (- I need to retake this one!)
Reply 33
589/600 - A
Reply 34
I got an A overall. Can't remember my UMS mark but it wasn't that high. Didn't do as well as I'd thought this year!
Reply 35
I got an A
Reply 36
Unit 1 - 100/100
Unit 2 - 77/100
Unit 3 - 93/100
Unit 4 - 86/90
Unit 5 - 80/90
Unit 6 (Synoptic) - 112/120

total - 547/600 --- good enough for me!
Reply 37
570/600 with NICCEA
Im very happy with it :smile::smile::smile:
Hated my geography teacher so much, she hated me too, I don't know why, but she refused to mark my work after a while. On parents night she said "he would be lucky to scrape a C".
Hope she is eating her words with my A :P
Reply 38
we had the best geography teachers ever! they were really funny and I actually liked going to the lessons! lol

i think thats why around 50% of the class are doing geography at university :eek: oops!
I got a B and i am well shuffed i had the crappest teacher! and i got a D last yr in AS so i have done really well! Everyone has seemed to have got A's lol i did AQA!

Latest

Trending

Trending