The Student Room Group

Help Needed Urgently!!!!

I recieved my grades today (CDE), but was asked to get BBC (missed by quite a bit lol).

However the same course I applied to is up for clearing right now.

I applied for Electric & Electronic Engineering at Queens University Belfast (Beng sandwich), however the required grades are now CCC with one definitely being in Maths and the other two either being Physics or Technology.

I got a C in Maths, D in Physics, and E in Biology (not really needed). I thinking of ringing them but I don't know their number, do I use the one on their website or ring UCAS or what? And what are the chances of me getting in?

Please help, I'm a bit lost :confused:
Sharpshooter
I recieved my grades today (CDE), but was asked to get BBC (missed by quite a bit lol).

However the same course I applied to is up for clearing right now.

I applied for Electric & Electronic Engineering at Queens University Belfast (Beng sandwich), however the required grades are now CCC with one definitely being in Maths and the other two either being Physics or Technology.

I got a C in Maths, D in Physics, and E in Biology (not really needed). I thinking of ringing them but I don't know their number, do I use the one on their website or ring UCAS or what? And what are the chances of me getting in?

Please help, I'm a bit lost :confused:

Firstly, have you checked UCAS track?
Reply 2
martynwilliams
Firstly, have you checked UCAS track?

Major problem, I lost my password and asked for it but I will only recieve a completely brand new one by post and not email. That'll take a while. Any help?
Sharpshooter
Major problem, I lost my password and asked for it but I will only recieve a completely brand new one by post and not email. That'll take a while. Any help?

Go here http://www.qub.ac.uk/ucas/ and put in your UCAS number to see what comes up

after that phone: The Admissions Office Information & Advice Line for Queens is 028 9097 5081

I'll stay on here if you need any more help, so let me know what you find out
Reply 4
I'm offered level 0 (foundation year). Is that good or bad?

Also do have any information on how I can contact Loughborough? (they were my insurance choice, also up for clearing).
Sharpshooter
I'm offered level 0 (foundation year). Is that good or bad?

Also do have any information on how I can contact Loughborough? (they were my insurance choice, also up for clearing).

Ok, that means you’ll have to do an extra year before you start your “first” year. So you’d do 4 years in all. Up to you if you want to accept that offer and do an extra year.

Info on Loughborough here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/admin/ar/admissions/ug/student/clearing/
Reply 6
"At least two scientific or numerate A levels"

That seems to me that I would have been accepted, is there anyway I can find out what their offer is over the net or will I have to ring them?

Thanks for your help here anyway.
Sharpshooter
"At least two scientific or numerate A levels"

That seems to me that I would have been accepted, is there anyway I can find out what their offer is over the net or will I have to ring them?

Thanks for your help here anyway.

Phone the department, tell them you’ve lost your UCAS password and ask them to confirm if you’ve been accepted or not.

Let me know what they say.
Reply 8
martynwilliams
Phone the department, tell them you’ve lost your UCAS password and ask them to confirm if you’ve been accepted or not.

Let me know.

Sure, do you know what that number might be, or shall I just ring the uni number? I have a list here but I'm confused :confused:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/el/contacts.html
Sharpshooter
Sure, do you know what that number might be, or shall I just ring the uni number? I have a list here but I'm confused :confused:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/el/contacts.html

It's for Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng isnt it??

Rob Seager - 01509 227062 [email protected]
martynwilliams
It's for Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng isnt it??

Rob Seager - 01509 227062 [email protected]

Ok, they want 240 UCAS points from you, C/D/E would give you 180 UCAS points.

What was the offer they made you??
Yeah I rang them and they said they would ring me back this afternoon (since the admissions tutor is not around). Hopefully things will go well.

Many thanks for your help Martyn!
Sharpshooter
Yeah I rang them and they said they would ring me back this afternoon (since the admissions tutor is not around). Hopefully things will go well.

Many thanks for your help Martyn!

the admissions tutor is not around!!! most important day of the year as far as he/she is concerned and he/she is not around!!

if you need any more help, post here or PM me.
Reply 13
remember to count your a/s grade if you have it + gen studies if you have it. unless they specificly said they'd only accept points from 3 alevels
My friends doing the foundation at Queen's this year. If I was in anyway enthuiastic about engineering I would say it sounds good. (My poor mother, Senior Engineering manager in Shorts, has given up on me.) Generally its for people who either miss their grades or haven't done maths/physics etc for Alevel. Basically it brings you up to speed, you get an extra year's knowledge so you can doss about even more in 1st year and the class is tiny so you get to know everyone really well.

Latest

Trending

Trending