Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alert!!! You can be Sued for Downloading Movies Illegally

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now it’s the time to watch out or else you can be sued if you download movies illegally via bit torrent. It’s been in the news that US Copyright Group has sued 20000 people for downloading torrents illegally and there are 30000 more people in the list who will be sued soon, they are doing this on behalf of film producers.
    A technology company in Germany has developed new software which is use to watching real time peer-to-peer activities of internet users and has the ability to capture IP address of users who are illegally downloading full length movies. There is no such restriction on downloading movie trailers. click on link below for details
    Read More Details
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in no fear of being sued as I don't download anything Illegally.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do. But I don't use torrents, I use much more sneaky ways.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, i guess i better get packing to either Sweden or Sealand
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh I run underground shiz
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I never use torrents, there are far better communities (by which I mean its wrong and I dont download illegally :shifty: )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite think their: 'You wouldn't steal a car.." advert quite hits the nail on the head. After all, if I had a machine that would make me a free, entirely working replica of your car, then I most certainly would
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faizanshakyboy)
    Now it’s the time to watch out or else you can be sued if you download movies illegally via bit torrent. It’s been in the news that US Copyright Group has sued 20000 people for downloading torrents illegally and there are 30000 more people in the list who will be sued soon, they are doing this on behalf of film producers.
    A technology company in Germany has developed new software which is use to watching real time peer-to-peer activities of internet users and has the ability to capture IP address of users who are illegally downloading full length movies. There is no such restriction on downloading movie trailers. click on link below for details
    Read More Details
    I couldn't give a ****. This will not change anything - only make us more determined to be honest.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ********. Ip addresses can not Identify users. If you just say 'someone must have borrowed my computer' there isnt alot they can do about it.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can get punished for doing something illegal...

Who would have thought it?!?!? :mmm:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    I do. But I don't use torrents, I use much more sneaky ways.
    care to share?

Ahem... yes, I don't download movies that much anyway
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who do you work for?

Anyway, I don't care. I was not using my computer at the time. My little 5-year-old genius computer whiz was downloading.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL that's for those noobs who use open p2p and download multuple rars. Private trackers is where its at. step y'all games up
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, VPN time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    pfft use direct download or pay for VPN
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, why hello there Hotspot Shield. What's that you say? you can disguise my IP adress as a random American one, so that they can't track my IP? Sounds good.

The whole targetting illegal downloaders thing is a complete waste of time and effort - the most prominent illegal downloaders/uploaders are the ones who know how to be hidden, so it isn't tackling the problem at all. If they want an effective solution to stopping illegal sharing they should devise a method where you can't share files illegally. The money would be put to much greater and more efficient use that way, rather than targetting something like 20,000 illegal downloaders (that was on a global scale aswell I think, and considering there are 7 million illegal downloaders in the UK alone it's a bit of a petty statistic trying to justify so much time and effort being put into preventing illegal filesharing).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what about streaming films??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure these are all empty threats intended to scare people into not downloading films illegally, in reality there is bugger all they can do against an individual. I don't think theres one person yet who has been successfully sued for illegally downloading the odd film... Maybe if your downloading and sharing hundreds and hundreds you could get a **********, whats far more likely to happen is that your service provider will restrict/cut off your internet access if they see an abnormally large amount of activity going on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol daym!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I happen to agree though, downloading films illegally is just wrong. I always BUY my films with the money I rob off old ladies.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2010
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.