The Student Room Group
Reply 1
JJassonn
Ok, I got into the university I wanted. I didn't quite get the grades though so I am doing a foundation year, which will lead on to the course I planned to do. My question is how does this affect my loan, since I'll be spending an extra year at university and do I need to contact my LEA and let them know?

shouldn't effect your loan, but you will need to contact your LEA.

lou xxx
Reply 2
K thanks... so when you say it shouldn't affect it... do you mean I bassically contact my LEA and tell them I'm doing an extra year and hence I get another years worth or do I go a year at uni with no loan? :redface: I assume its the first.
Reply 3
JJassonn
K thanks... so when you say it shouldn't affect it... do you mean I bassically contact my LEA and tell them I'm doing an extra year and hence I get another years worth or do I go a year at uni with no loan? :redface: I assume its the first.

you'll always get the minimnum loan (the non-income assessed £3100ish) even if you resit a year, it's anything extra (and help with fees) they don't guarentee for the extra year you do. just give them a call and see what the situation is (if you're non-income assessed you basically don't have anything to worry about)

lou xxx
Reply 4
Ok thanks... I just wish my LEA website made it easy to find exactly who I'm meant to contact, but oh well, I'll find it eventually... I hope :P.
Reply 5
Ahh, I just found an information link on my LEA site and it turns out I need to fill in and complete a 'Change of Circumstances' form. I guess I'd best do that right away. Downloading the form now...
Reply 6
lou p
you'll always get the minimnum loan (the non-income assessed £3100ish) even if you resit a year, it's anything extra (and help with fees) they don't guarentee for the extra year you do. just give them a call and see what the situation is (if you're non-income assessed you basically don't have anything to worry about)

lou xxx

Is everybody entitled to the minimum loan? My LEA told me I couldn't get any loan, although I don't know why.
Reply 7
Colly
Is everybody entitled to the minimum loan? My LEA told me I couldn't get any loan, although I don't know why.

yeh all home (non international students) should be entitled to the non-income assessed loan. ring them up and ask why.

lou xxx

edit: i've just seen that you're form NI, i don't know whether this makes a difference. speak to your friends, see what they've all been told about theirs.
Reply 8
That's what I thought, thanks a million.
Reply 9
well everyone normally gets it the LEA only assess entitlement to the means tested bit.

http://www.slc.co.uk/noframe/lr/index.html
Reply 10
ive become famailar with the change of circumstances forms. I had to fill one in last august (degree to Hnd) and one this july (Hnd to degree) :smile: