The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The_0001
Please don't assume the method that works for me will also work for others, I am a very very lazy individual, that only begins to work/revise when I realise exams are here and that i'm going to fail unless I begin intense revision, is this the same for you?

Worked for GCSEs hope it works for these bloody AS exams too, they're starting to annoy me :smile:

That's me in a nutshell. I can only work under pressure and I am starting to feel the pressure now! :eek3:

I did about 3 hours the other day and only 2 yesterday. I've been doing bits every day for the past couple of weeks so I'm starting to get really tired of it now. Anything I can do to keep myself motivated?

I'm going away until Wednesday so hopefully that'll give me a nice break and I'll work really hard when I get back.

I was just wondering if doing many hours of work every day can almost be too much? I think it's the only way I'll cover everything. :eek3:
Reply 61
Yep I've started doing a bit. I've made a list of the topics in the first biology exam and put them in order of being most and least confident with. And in history I've started as we started in lessons. I'm going to some more these hols but when teachers give you loads of homework on top of revision its a tad tricky.
I did one chemistry chapter the other day and hopefully I will get some proper revision done today!!!
Reply 63
I should have, but I haven't :sad:
Reply 64
Marshmellow.
. :eek3:

You've done more than me... you should be happy with how much you've already done and the holidays haven't even begun yet! :smile: Motivation? Umm what are you hoping to do at uni and at which uni, what I want to do and go is very competetive and that usually motivates me. Yeah the break will do you some good, try not to think about revision and just relax, its the olny relaxing you'll be doing for a while! Well for my Jan exams, me and my cousin realised we were going to fail, unless we did ridiculous amonut of revision during the winter break, it paid off! If like me, you've been dossing about all year, I think you need to put the hours in for your results in August to be as good as they can be :smile:
Reply 65
I've defnintely thought about revising a couple of times this week. Bumming around on the computer eating popcorn feels so much more productive right now :smile:
The_0001
:smile:

I did no revision for my January exams whatsoever and came out with a U, so I guess I don't want that to happen again! I'm trying my best now, I just hope it'll pay off :smile:

What are you hoping to do?

My dream would be to get into Cambridge and study Politics, Psychology and Sociology. Also looking at English or English and History joint at other universities.. but yeah, going for the best of the best.
Reply 67
Monday is the plan :smile:
Reply 68
Marshmellow.

I did no revision for my January exams whatsoever and came out with a U, so I guess I don't want that to happen again! I'm trying my best now, I just hope it'll pay off :smile:

What are you hoping to do?

My dream would be to get into Cambridge and study Politics, Psychology and Sociology. Also looking at English or English and History joint at other universities.. but yeah, going for the best of the best.

Yeah January exams are good cos' they bring you down back down to reality, a lot of people don't do well in Jan, but go on to ace it in the summer :smile:. If you try your best, then you now you've done all you can.

We're not too disimilar, i'm hoping to read PPE at Oxford, but thats just a pipedream tbh, never hurts to dream though...
Reply 69
Started today , 3x2 hour slots where I do 30 mins revision then a 5 min break then another 30 mins rinse and repeat then after 4 lots of 30mins a 2 hour break :smile:
The_0001

We're not too disimilar, i'm hoping to read PPE at Oxford, but thats just a pipedream tbh, never hurts to dream though...

The only way you'll strive is if you have a dream. :yep:

I'm not exactly the most academically pefect, though. I messed up a lot in the first 4 months of sixth form and my attendance is rock bottom. But once I realised what I wanted to do about a month ago, I've kicked myself up the backside and trying my best to achieve my full potential.

We'll see what the summer brings. Good luck!
Reply 71
Marshmellow.

I'm not exactly the most academically pefect, though. I messed up a lot in the first 4 months of sixth form and my attendance is rock bottom. But once I realised what I wanted to do about a month ago, I've kicked myself up the backside and trying my best to achieve my full potential.

Thanks, revise, revise oh and revise :wink:. Tell me how the exams go, gd luck :smile:
The_0001
i'm hoping to read PPE at Oxford, but thats just a pipedream tbh, never hurts to dream though...

Never admit that :o:
Just work your ass off and it is possible. You can never guarantee it but it is certainly possible if you're willing to put the work in. I always say to those who say that to me that it's an excuse not to try. Though sounds like you're on the ball.

I'm doing about 4-5 hours a day at the moment, revising for english and history A2s...Economics is basically A* in the bag, so I'll save revising that for last minute :biggrin:

But I need 70% and 74% respectively to get As in history and English, and 87-88% to get A*s. I sorta want 2A*s and an A.
Reply 73
Philosopher-of-sorts
Never admit that :o:
Just work your ass off and it is possible. You can never guarantee it but it is certainly possible if you're willing to put the work in.

I'm doing about 4-5 hours a day at the moment, revising for english and history A2s...Economics is basically A* in the bag, so I'll save revising that for last minute :biggrin:

But I need 70% and 74% respectively to get As in history and English, and 87-88% to get A*s. I sorta want 2A*s and an A.

Not all of us find A levels as easy as you :smile:, but yeah I gotta start revising from Monday, and stick to my timetable.
Yes :king1: Started the day after school broke up, on Thursday. I should be up to date by the end of the easter holidays.
Reply 75
Marshmellow.

Wow, your situation sounds exactly like mine. :smile:
Hopefully Aug 19th will be a positive experience for both of us. :yep:
Best of luck with everything. :biggrin:
Yep, because I have mock exams right after this easter break. *headdesks*
My school gave me so much homework that I haven't been able to begin revision yet! I've got everything organised now and am starting revision tomorrow. Good luck, fellow TSRians! :biggrin:
Reply 78
jimmylovestoshimmy
Just wondering how many have, or haven't started?

When do you think a good time to start is? If you haven't already lol

Hi...

Well, to be honest it is up to you. Some people need months to prepare for exams, yet the lucky few with good retention can actually begin their schedule of revision very close to exams - even study leave!

Good luck in your exams, and give me rep please - I'm new! :p:
Not Yet!!

Latest