The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If it started yesterday, why someone, not only me, have not received the decision letters. If they send out the letters after the pool, what is the point to apply to them?It seems a little bit unfair.
Reply 21
Mily
If it started yesterday, why someone, not only me, have not received the decision letters. If they send out the letters after the pool, what is the point to apply to them?It seems a little bit unfair.

Sorry, what do you mean by sending out the letters after the pool? They have to make the decisions on who out of the pool to invite for interview/who to give offers before they tell applicants right? Not sure, but I don't know if all the pool stuff just goes on for one day, could take longer to make the decisions and then send out letters?
Reply 22
Lucy
Sorry, what do you mean by sending out the letters after the pool? They have to make the decisions on who out of the pool to invite for interview/who to give offers before they tell applicants right? Not sure, but I don't know if all the pool stuff just goes on for one day, could take longer to make the decisions and then send out letters?

Oh right sorry, I just got what you meant from reading back on the thread - do you know anyone else who has heard back for the same course & college?
Reply 23
Lucy

I mean they even do not give you the decision for your first round, which means you lose one chance to get in. If they send out the letters after they have looked at the pool, you have been compared with the other applicants in the pool,which should not happen in the first round. You should only compare with the students who applied to the same college for the same course in the first round,otherwise there is no points to choose a college.
Reply 24
Lucy
Oh right sorry, I just got what you meant from reading back on the thread - do you know anyone else who has heard back for the same course & college?

I do not know anyone apply to robinson for engineering. you know, robinson is a small college and not among the popular ones. therefore i do not know if they have sent out the letters for my subject.
Reply 25
Mily
I do not know anyone apply to robinson for engineering. you know, robinson is a small college and not among the popular ones. therefore i do not know if they have sent out the letters for my subject.

Try not to worry too much - it could just be a case of a slow department/college - quite a few robinson applicants didn't receive their primary decision letters on the date when most people heard. I doubt that they chucked everyone in the pool without making a 'first decision' just because it's not standard practice. I don't really know what else to say other that you could perhaps enquire about the admissions procedure/their decision concerning you on Monday? It must be really nerve wracking (don't think I could have stayed sane for this long :tongue: ), best of luck anyway :smile:
Reply 26
I still don't no yet either!
i would never of dreaned it would take to at least the 5th of january to get bk 2 us!
no i don't know anyone that applied 2 robinson either!
do you rekon that they are still trying to make up their minds?
anyway i suppose no news is good news!(i Hope!)
Reply 27
i got mine at about 1pm. I get pooled. If i get pooled from Robinson, which college you think will pick me up. btw, i am a boy.
Reply 28
Mily
i got mine at about 1pm. I get pooled. If i get pooled from Robinson, which college you think will pick me up. btw, i am a boy.

so u have got ur reply and ur pooled?
i dont really understand wot u mean?
kat
so u have got ur reply and ur pooled?
i dont really understand wot u mean?

Sorry to butt in, but I think he has recieved his reply and he has been pooled. He is now asking what college do you think will pick him up.
Reply 30
Mentally Ill
Sorry to butt in, but I think he has recieved his reply and he has been pooled. He is now asking what college do you think will pick him up.

my friend got a place at robinson to do engineering
Reply 31
Mentally Ill

oh right ok thanx!

ahh! am i still the only person not to no now? why?
Reply 32
kat
oh right ok thanx!

ahh! am i still the only person not to no now? why?

kat i still haven't heard a thing!! it's so annoying..
from a fellow kat
Reply 33
so wot college, corse have u applied2?
every 1 else knows
im going to ring them 2moz if i dont get nethin in the post as im giving up hope now!
Reply 34
i still havnt heard 1 thing from robinson!
ne1 else the same?
i know sum1 said not 2 ring them till the 6th, but its unfair COS every1 knows apart from me!