The Student Room Group
joannef
Has anyone done AQA English Language & Literature A? If so, were you pleased with your marks? I was expecting a B and got a D. The rest of the class also only got D's, E's and failures - even though some of them were predicted A grades!

Ae you doing A level?

my exams were really wierd!

for drama and poetry (M4M) the Isabella Question came up- the same one that we had done in a practice paper and got an A for. Wrote exactly the same thing in the exam and end up with 55/90 which is one mark above a C :eek:

then for the synoptic i thought i failed miserably and flunked it big time, but ende up with 86/120 :confused: strange lol

that always happens with me though. When i think i've done well i end up doing badly and vise- versa!
Reply 2
It was A Level. Gutted as I worked hard for it.
Hi,

I did the AS level. I was predicted a A/B but got a D, and my teacher told me that everyone in my class got 1/2 grades lower than predicted :frown:
Reply 4
SquittyMcVittie are you going to get yours remarked?
Probably. AQA have really messed up!
Reply 6
I think AQA have screwed up my grades as well. I got As in all of my other modules, but in the A2 exams one mark was just a B and the other a D. Luckily for me my overall grade was still an A so i can study English at my firm, but grrr. I was only 9 UMS into an A. xx
mousey
I think AQA have screwed up my grades as well. I got As in all of my other modules, but in the A2 exams one mark was just a B and the other a D. Luckily for me my overall grade was still an A so i can study English at my firm, but grrr. I was only 9 UMS into an A. xx

yeh for A level i got a B for the synoptic, but one mark above a C for poetry and drama which is odd because i wrote exactly the same essay that i had done previously and got an A for. It was the same question! hmmm, a bit fishy.
Reply 8
I just got my results for the AS.. and I resat NTB1 (intro to lang and lit study) in june.. and I thought I did ok.. but I did worse than I did in january (which I knew I'd messed up)... this is bizarre?!

but I can't actually work out the grades.. they came through the post.. and I don't know the boundaries.. can anyone help me?

My results:

English lang/lit - AQA
NTB1 Jan: 77 (105)
or
NTB1 Jun: 72 (105)
NTB2: 84 (105)
NTB3 cwk: 86 (90)

Also, philosophy too..

PLY1 (theory of knowledge): 60 (100)
PLY2 (Moral philosophy): 75 (100)
PLY3 (Set texts): 78 (100)

..I'm really confused.