The Student Room Group

drop out?

Hey I have just started revision for my AS Level exams last week in English RE and Sociology. I got my report today here are my grades:

english

target-B currently-B/C

re

target-C currently-C/D

sociology

target-B/A currently-B

I really want to do a Social Work degree at my local uni and go on to be a Social Worker. I need 240 or 260 UCAS points
I am worried that my choice of subjects are not suitable and maybe I would have done better doing a BTEC National Diploma in Health and Social Care at college what do you think? I don't know if I have enough work experience and the BTEC would give me that. I am thinking about dropping out of sixth form after AS but would I be allowed to do that cos of all my responsibilities (prefect, head of clubs etc)
I have talked to my parents about it and they think it is a bad idea and that I should finish my A levels and if I do not get to Uni then maybe do the BTEC.

I got a B in Sociology (2 marks off an A)and a D in RE for my January modules but I am re-sitting RE.

Any opinions are apprechiated
Reply 1
Have you any other qualifications which may get you points? When I went through the system musical grades (grade 5 and over) got you UCAS points too. Worth checking exactly what counts these days!
Reply 2
Speak to a careers adviser at your school, or Connexions - or call your local uni.

I think its worth stayin on at school - but if you've discussed it with teachers and parents nd still want to drop out, you will be allowed to.

Latest