The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Would the University of Exeter accept me for Law?

Bonsoirrr :smile:

I got an offer back from Exeter (Streatham Campus), within 5 days of sending off my application (which seemed pretty good as most people I know didn't hear from them for ages!), of AAA to study for an LLB in Law.
However, I'm predicted AAB: A in English Lit and History, an A in an EPQ (which is on human rights law), but a B in Drama and Theatre Studies. This seems likely to be what I get, unless I somehow get like 100% in the drama exam this summer.

Do you think they'd be likely to let me in if I fall one grade short?

Considering its the least relevant subject that I will get the B in, that they seemed to like me, and that I'm doing an EPQ.

Thankyou!
If you get AAB, your probably not going to Exeter. However i am surprised they offered you AAA even though your predicted AAB :holmes:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
How come you're only doing two A-levels? Surely 3 and an EPQ is the norm?

Anyway, as the first poster said, AAB= probably not, but you could call them up and argue the point, they might let you in.
It depends on how many people miss their offers come results day and the strength of your application overall.
I'd really ring (or email) and ask them, as they have the experience of previous results day(s) and what has happened is the case of candidates missing their offers.
Mann18
How come you're only doing two A-levels? Surely 3 and an EPQ is the norm?

Anyway, as the first poster said, AAB= probably not, but you could call them up and argue the point, they might let you in.

English Lit.
History
Drama

+ EP

Are you thick?
Reply 5
bodybuilder22
English Lit.
History
Drama

+ EP

Are you thick?

Actually, I think you'll find she phrased it very randomly. "A in English lit and History, A in EPQ and B in Drama."

That would make AAAB, and she wouldn't have a frickin' problem.

So yes, perhaps I misread, or she's taking an A-Level in English lit and History, or the EPQ doesn't count, but then she really shouldn't have included that information then should she? (Back the hell off.)

Edit: Ah, I see now, they're not counting the EPQ. It was my misreading, still though, don't be so rude.

Latest

Trending

Trending