The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
Very jealous! I wanted to apply for Egyptology but I wasn't doing history so couldn't. I've firmed Egyptian Archaeology instead. :biggrin:
Tell me this, do you get to learn Egyptian language on that course?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hey

Thats cool with the egyptian archaeology! I was considering that one myself!

Yeah the compulsory language element is middle egyptian

Do you know anything about opportunities to travel? I asked someone before about study abroad and they said I couldnt but I'm not sure about travel
Reply 3
I'm not sure, as you'll be with the history department and not the archaeology department. I know that I have to compile a 70 day portfolio and there's money for me to travel around to get it though. But I'd give all that up to have your course! Let's swap! :biggrin:
Reply 4
lol, I wasnt sure myself coz its one of the only courses linked with archaeology department as well :s-smilie: but hey will have to find out when I get there =]

The egyptian archaeology course sounds really cool though!
Reply 5
I'm happy with the course generally, my only problem is with not having enough language in there. I declined Liverpool's Egyptology course and I regret it for that reason now! But there's a light at the end of the tunnel, if you guys get more language units than I do, perhaps I can enroll on those or learn a bit from you guys!
Reply 6
Oh I see what you mean Magick, nah you wont be going on any digs or anything, you'll just be there for the classes.
Reply 7
Im sure that you can do language elements as part of free credits because I have to do Egyptian archaeology modules within the course too

Nah I doubt I could do digs but ahh well I'm looking forward to it anyway =]
Reply 8
Thing is, you could always pop along with us in the summers and such anyway. You'd just have to pay up :frown: although we don't get it all free either, we just get subsidies. I imagine you'd be welcome! We can't dig in Egypt though, not until we get our degrees apparently.
Reply 9
Yeah I heard about that, I was told that undergrads arent allowed to dig in Egypt but in Liverpool you can supposedly :s-smilie:

But yeah can travel but just outside the department

=]

Im getting quite excited about this now =]
Reply 10
Yeah exactly! They told me in Liverpool that they have ways of sneaking you in. :biggrin: Me too! I'll probably see you around the departments, I can't imagine there will be too many of us.
Reply 11
Lol I'd applied to archaeology of ancient civilisations at Liverpool but decided it wasnt for me

Well theres less than a hundred for the history department but I can imagine less than half of that would be ancient history and then half of that Ancient History with egyptology

and then I can imagine a similar number for egyptian archaeology

Latest

Trending

Trending