The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Deutsch_Beth
H&M is ridiculous when it comes to this! Their bras don't appear to go past C, and I tried on a dress there the other day - size 8 fitted my body but my boobs were making a desperate bid for freedom, same for size 10. Finally found my boobs fitted into size 14, but then it looked like I was wearning a tent from the ribs down as opposed to a slinky little dress :nopity:

H&M is pretty much a no go for dresses, tops sometimes I can buy them a bigger size depending on the style. Like I said I'm not exactly out of proportion or anything. I think 32D on size 8 is definitely within the normal range.

I don't know how small the OPs waist is if she can't find waist belts to fit anywhere though. Mine is likw 25-26 inches, so I guess if she is properly tiny it might be a different situation.
JudithE
I can't believe you don't feel out of proportion..maybe its just because im quite short aswell (5ft4) but in any bikini photos it honestly looks like i have a boob job!!

Yeah I'm like 5'7, maybe I have a bit of a bigger frame than you as well? My waist is like 25-26 inches so not teeny-tiny, I have a flat stomach and stuff though.
JudithE
Thaks for your reply! May i ask where you get your belts from?..i find that even when i have them the tightest they can go they're still too big on my waist!

Yeah! Bay trading seem to cater for my size well, and their belts always fit me. This one is ace, it goes much smaller than most belts, and it's in the sale!

http://www.bay-online.com/2-buckle-stud-cinch-belt-black-bd032f.ir?cName=sale-all-sale
Reply 23
Deutsch_Beth
H&M is ridiculous when it comes to this! Their bras don't appear to go past C, and I tried on a dress there the other day - size 8 fitted my body but my boobs were making a desperate bid for freedom, same for size 10. Finally found my boobs fitted into size 14, but then it looked like I was wearning a tent from the ribs down as opposed to a slinky little dress :nopity:

I know EXACTLY where you're coming from on this! The dresses with "cups" already in them are the worst..i look at a size 8 dress and theres no way my boobs are going to fit in the top!!
JudithE
Ok so i have a 32D chest and a small waist and flat stomach..which might sound great but i can never find anything that fits!! Especially with dresses..anything that fits my chest makes the rest of the dress stick out and i look pregnant! Then if i get a dress thats fitted against my stomach and waist my boobs just look like they're gonna fall out!
So has anybody any ideas on what style of dress to wear? Any specific exaples would be great! Thanks in advance!

i'm a 32E and it's so hard to find things that fit, completely agree.
everything is either farrrr to tight, or get a size bigger and we look preggers.
booo!!
Reply 25
crazyunicorn133
Yeah! Bay trading seem to cater for my size well, and their belts always fit me. This one is ace, it goes much smaller than most belts, and it's in the sale!

http://www.bay-online.com/2-buckle-stud-cinch-belt-black-bd032f.ir?cName=sale-all-sale

Ooh i really like this belt..even more so because its on sale! And its black so will def go with alot of dresses..thankyou soo much!
Reply 26
The thing is, with all these guys who are saying there's nothing wrong with you - is that all their judgements are based on pure appearances.

Now I'm not coming from experience, here - having a buddha belly and c cups, but I know that it's the case of 'my face is up here' - guys will just like your boobs, but you want to be thought of as a non-slutty human being. I'm glad to see that you're ignoring these insensitive, hormone-driven, stupid comments. Good on you! I'd find it too difficult not to retaliate, If I were you ^^

I'll get back to you on this, because my shape is a horrible one to find flattering clothes for - in a different sense.
hmm yeh i have massive boobs but im not skinny but i have the problem of clothes not fitting my boobs!! cos im on the chubby side i wear whats flattering like goes in under my boobs and doesnt cling to my belly, maybe u need similar styles? cos then u would be able to see how skinny u are cos it would be fitted under ur boobs if u get me lol.
ill try find u an example...
http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat20002&icProduct=185376472
ok this one isnt best example but if u had something with buttons at the top u could undo the buttons and have a vest underneath?
http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat20002&icProduct=185798301&icSort=-myBestSellerScore
also something like this would show off ur flat belly but would probs fit ur boobs cos u could buy a bigger size cos its gonna be loose on ur belly anyway...
i just buy low cut stuff and stretchy materials.
Reply 29
issih
hmm yeh i have massive boobs but im not skinny but i have the problem of clothes not fitting my boobs!! cos im on the chubby side i wear whats flattering like goes in under my boobs and doesnt cling to my belly, maybe u need similar styles? cos then u would be able to see how skinny u are cos it would be fitted under ur boobs if u get me lol.
ill try find u an example...
http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat20002&icProduct=185376472
ok this one isnt best example but if u had something with buttons at the top u could undo the buttons and have a vest underneath?
http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat20002&icProduct=185798301&icSort=-myBestSellerScore
also something like this would show off ur flat belly but would probs fit ur boobs cos u could buy a bigger size cos its gonna be loose on ur belly anyway...
i just buy low cut stuff and stretchy materials.

Oh i think i need something that kinda clings to my stomach..i don't want it skin tight..post-mcdonalds my stomach wont look as flat! haha The trouble with tops that fit under my chest is that they just seem to trapeze out and i look pregnant! I wish i had bigger hips and a fuller stomach..clothes might actually fit then!
Reply 30

That is lovely! Thanks! i had no idea bravissimo did clothing..i thought it was just lingerie!
im a 30E and a size 6/8, and i wear dresses from everywhere, i love bodycon dresses and find that i dont look like a slag when i wear them so you should have no hassle really. i love the sequin dresses with longer sleeves which arent lowcut cos you dont have to wear a bra and it looks really nice on with no ridiculous cleavage :smile:
but yeh avoid topshop, cos there clothes are ricidulous, we arent all built like kate moss, they seem to not be aware of this
OP I'm similar to you....same bra size, flat stomach...the majority of dresses in New Look and other high street shops fit me well :erm: You've just gotta pick a particular style of dress I guess.
JudithE
Oh i think i need something that kinda clings to my stomach..i don't want it skin tight..post-mcdonalds my stomach wont look as flat! haha The trouble with tops that fit under my chest is that they just seem to trapeze out and i look pregnant! I wish i had bigger hips and a fuller stomach..clothes might actually fit then!

eat more then :smile: hehe my friend is quite skinny and has 34 double d boobs and she gets lots of clothes from miss selfridge and topshop maybe look there?? shes like a size 8-10 whereas im fat and get stuff from new look cos they do bigger sizes and they accompany for bit boobs i think lol
Reply 35
Waist belts are way to go. Get a dress to fit boobs and pull it in.
Buying dresses too small for boobs looks tacky.
TickTockBoom
I've got 32D and am quite slim, I wouldn't say they look out of proportion though. Its a pretty normal size I'm sure. Certain shops (H&M and sometimes Topshop) expect you to have a flat chest if you are thin but a lot of places do make stuff that includes room for boobs. I don't know how the 32FF/size 8 girls cope though.

I have no problems with Topshop, but H&M :no: Everything fits perfectly but for the boobs, oh the boobs...
JudithE
Ok so i have a 32D chest and a small waist and flat stomach..which might sound great but i can never find anything that fits!! Especially with dresses..anything that fits my chest makes the rest of the dress stick out and i look pregnant! Then if i get a dress thats fitted against my stomach and waist my boobs just look like they're gonna fall out!
So has anybody any ideas on what style of dress to wear? Any specific exaples would be great! Thanks in advance!

BODYCON! I am exactly the same so if I want to look especially booby/waisty just go for something with an amount of stretch in it. A lot of dresses are in bodycon, tops are much more difficult but keep at it!!!!

Good luck <3
ipulledhermione
BODYCON! I am exactly the same so if I want to look especially booby/waisty just go for something with an amount of stretch in it. A lot of dresses are in bodycon, tops are much more difficult but keep at it!!!!

Good luck <3

You have the figure of a barbie doll! (good thing)
How many inches is your waist?
Reply 39
I am the same size as you.. and dont find it a big problem?

Latest

Trending

Trending