The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 1 Geography (GEOG1) - Case Studies??

Basically my teacher is rubbish and doesn't tell us anything :rolleyes:

What are we meant to know case studies about for this unit (especially the two core sections - Rivers and Population)? I don't need to know specific things, just generically what the required case studies are (eg, a case study of a hard engineering flood management scheme, or whatever).

The AQA Spec might be helpful, in terms of looking for which topics.
The case studys should be based on the last 30 years, as far as I know, not 100% sure, around 90%.
When I did GEOG1,
for rivers, I did: Carlise Flooding, Cumbria, and Bangladesh and another LEDC. Basically flood management.

But anything could come up in GEOG1, like in June 2009, the 15marker was about rejuvenation, and we didn't even know what it was, let alone have case studies for that.

For population, I did China's OCP(an obvious choice by many), population management, in the UK the populations in decline, just different population management strategies by different countries.
My options were health and coasts.

Hope this was helpful, just ask if you need more help, I'm just trying to think from stuff I purposely have to forget to make way for new stuff in the brain.

Latest

Trending

Trending